Best Sonic Fangame you have ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sonic fan-game with the best soundtrack in my opinion that I've played, not including ripped/remixed official Sonic music, is maybe Sonic Robo Blast 2 or maybe some other fan-game, not sure.
The Sonic fan-game with the best story in my opinion that I've played is Sonic Robo Blast 2 (other Sonic fan-games I've played haven't even had a direct story at all).
The Sonic fan-game with the best textures, sprites, gameplay, creativity, etcetera etcetera in my opinion that I've played is also Sonic Robo Blast 2, and from what I can tell, many of these points will be improved hugely with version 2.2.

In short, Sonic Robo Blast 2. However, I have to say... I haven't really played many Sonic fan-games besides Sonic Robo Blast 2, but I have played a few.

* Best Storyline : SRB2 (Because no Compulsory Cutscenes) .
* Best Soundtrack : SRB2 (Each level has a very fitting song) .
* Best Art : SRB2, Judging by the screenshots of 2.2 SRB2 Will get better level layouts .

To be fair, I think SRB2 Beats nearly every modern Sonic title (Despite what IGNorance think :p) .

To be fair, posting "what's your favorite Sonic fangame?" on a board inhabited exclusively by enthusiasts of one particular Sonic fangame is going to give you pretty skewed results.

I like When Tails Gets Bored quite a bit. It has the best story of any fangame I've played yet.

I am not going to say SRB2 because obvious is obvious. Maybe the topic title should say favorite sonic fangame that is NOT SRB2.

Spark the Electric Jester. I am cheating a bit here, this is more of a game that kind of combines the gameplay Kirby and Sonic. Right now it is only a demo, and it plays pretty well. I would check out the demo if you have a chance. Too bad it doesn't currently let you change the buttons on a gamepad if you have one though.

Freedom Planet. Yeah I am cheating again here, but this also has a fast gameplay mechanic sort of like sonic. It sort of feels like ristar at some points. I only played the demo of the game, maybe I will get the game if it goes on sale, since it does look fun.

This one is not going to be a favorite, but more of a game that I remember back in the hayday of Sonic fan games HQ and is actually fangame starring Sonic.
Sonic: Time attacked. I haven't played it in ages, so I am guessing it might have not aged that well, but I remember the unique art style. I remember it having some unique secrets, which is quite interesting at the time. I don't even know if you can download it anymore. Some of the sites that you can download it look a bit sketchy, so I would say don't bother.

well, obvious number 1 for me is SRB2, and I don't play many fangames anymore

I really liked the Retro Sonic SAGE demo when it first came out. Also it used Jumping Flash! music, so

Sonic: Time attacked. [...] I don't even know if you can download it anymore. Some of the sites that you can download it look a bit sketchy, so I would say don't bother.

Here you go. There was a very brief attempt at a speedrunning resurgence a while ago, so I went digging for a copy.

My best fan game, Not including srb2, has got to be SATS (Sonic after the sequel)

The music is so good!, has an actual plot, nice and simple gimmicks and most but not least, a neat take on the classic sonic physics which i genreally love. I do love SBTS but SATS was an inch better.

If you have free time, do feel free to check it out, i would highly recommend it if you like the Classic Sonic Games.

I like When Tails Gets Bored quite a bit. It has the best story of any fangame I've played yet.
I'd like to second this vote, WTGB has some of the deepest lore and great variety in level design. It's a shame the engine's kinda quirky because it's a terrific little thing.

...no love for Eggman Hates Furries? I thought that was something really enjoyable and ridiculously fun given the primary challenge of all the bosses it throws at you.

otherwise of course SRB2 is my favorite Sonic fangame; I'd even go out of my way to say it's my favorite Sonic game entirely

Well In My Opinion:

Best Fangame:
Srb2

Best Story: Neo Sonic Universe

Best Soundtrack: Sonic After The Sequel

Best Art: Of Course, SRB2 With 2.2 Art

Last edited:
I forgot all about Eggman Hates Furries! Definitely a good time.

I will say Sonic Robo Blast 2 for obvious reasons. Other games I would say Sunky the Game and that about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back