Fixed SRB2 Console playing ingame music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tencao

This is a minor bug that may end up causing other problems as well. After hosting a dedicated server on my own pc as kinda a passtime thing, I've noticed certain level music will play even though it's just a console window. This is naturally annoying but I'm more worried about other problems that might follow from it attempting to play ingame specific stuff.

Version - 2.1.17

Does this happen primarily in most SRB1 remake levels, most SUGOI levels, or most official levels (besides the SRB1 remake)?

The SRB1 remake mostly uses Midi music, the SUGOI levels often(/only?) use "VGM" music (like Midi, except for various console sound chips), and most non-SRB1-remake official levels use Ogg music (and maybe one or two MP3s?), so knowing this would likely be beneficial for debugging. (Other custom levels with custom music some times use Midi, some times "VGM", and some times Ogg/MP3 music.)

Why do the game even starts the audio system when game is running in dedicated mode, what reason do the game needs to do that?

Tencao, do you know what level was it? To see if this is can be reproduced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back