Netcode Issue Reports (Report netplay issues HERE!!)

i thought the new patch will fix this ...
1-OUTSIDE :
zLSi6r.png

2-INSIDE :
NhRpB4.png

the game starts to resynch whenever i touch that wall,i can even walk throught it :P

Woah,i just joint a Multiplayer server While the server was Playing a NIGHTS Level,then Here's what Happened :
Started by Spectating another Player , But the Player isn't in the Super form,just a Brown sonic Falls and Disappears Continiously, and the "Resynching" Lags Everything,I ... I was shocked to the point of forgetting the image capture , but here's what i Captured :
pm7bOJ.png

This also happens to me, but its worse. I start out without going super or automatically turning super, everyone who's on the server is getting launched into the air every time the resynch message pops up, and the warping sound constantly plays. NOT the teleportation sound, the warping sound.

Okay, I may not have experienced it. But this is an issue with most people joining my server. Sometimes, after exiting a level and entering another one, players tend to be stuck in a pitch black environment, and become subjected straight to synch failing the moment anyone starts moving. However, this can be simply fixed by reloading the map. But if you're on an emerald seeking adventure (Like per-say, Mystic Realm's Emerald Hunting) It could be a major cost of time and a very big disappointment to long-playing players, which can be simply avoided by a resynch or leaving.

I've noticed when a large amount of people are in a server (lets say 10 people) when some one leaves someone else then starts to s-fail almost every time.

Last edited:
I Noticed something,all FOFs of all types aren't syncing fine or not syncing at all for Multiplayer mode ... whenever you get close to a FOF or you touch it ... this Post should show you exactly what i mean ....

Last edited:
I can confirm this is an actual serious, glaring issue - properties of FOFs besides those set by their sectors on map load are not synched in netgames in any way at all.

Just earlier I tested out GFZ1 with HellHawkX from 'fun, I had him destroy the bustable FOFs leading to the token before I joined. When I *did* join, they were still there for me, even though they were gone for him.

Last edited:
I Noticed many things while playing SRB2 Online today,we were playing in DUDE's server today and all of the following things happened:
* Whenever a player leaves the game he affects another player to S-Fail .it happened to me,i was playing fine until a Player left the game and Re-syncing started and then i got kicked ... !
* Whenever a player joins the game,the game freezes for a while,but if over 3 Players joined at once,the Game freezes for About 5 Minutes or more .... causing some Players to timeout .
* Sometimes after joining a Netgame,the camera follows another player slowely while "Resyncing" Message is Showing until you get kicked .
Those are serious Problems that really needs to be fixed .....

True except this one.

* Whenever a player joins the game,the game freezes for a while,but if over 3 Players joined at once,the Game freezes for About 5 Minutes or more .... causing some Players to timeout .

This only happened because a kid joined repeatedly with two computers with two very similar but different ip's both with shitty internet.

True except this one.
This only happened because a kid joined repeatedly with two computers with two very similar but different ip's both with shitty internet.
Oh,so just because internet is that bad he's going to affect the server ? This is not fair for Online players,and neither for me.

Oh,so just because internet is that bad he's going to affect the server ? This is not fair for Online players,and neither for me.

What are you on about? If someone has bad internet they're obviously going to affect the server. This kid has joined my server before and had no problems so it could of been something else on his end that was causing it to freeze. (E.g tabs?)

What are you on about? If someone has bad internet they're obviously going to affect the server. This kid has joined my server before and had no problems so it could of been something else on his end that was causing it to freeze. (E.g tabs?)
That's not what i mean,We have no relation with his internet,in most of games (Or maybe all) Players with Bad Internet will never affect the server ....
* Did you guys notice that whenever a Player leaves the game,another Player gets kicked and Recieves a Message "Synch Failure" and Keeps doing this untill it (Dominates) all the Online Players :3
Example : (May explain what i mean)
Player 1 Left the game (Synch Failure),Player 2 Resynching
Player 2 Left the game (Synch Failure),Player 3 Resynching ...... etc

In most of games (Or maybe all) players with bad Internet will never affect the server....

Players with high ping always affect the server in any multiplayer game. The data transfer speed change the time of response of the others players.
For example, if you do a jump -with low internet speed- in a server, the servers must receive your data, then send the data to the other players, then send the data back to you, and all that with slow speed.

Players with high ping always affect the server in any multiplayer game. The data transfer speed change the time of response of the others players.
For example, if you do a jump -with low internet speed- in a server, the servers must receive your data, then send the data to the other players, then send the data back to you, and all that with slow speed.
Better then freezing the Whole game for just someone joining the game ...

Video of what happened here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf3dcHdeCO4

Not sure if this is known yet but...

What happens here is basically one of our friends joined the server and for some reason when ever he started to move I started to resynch and when I moved he didn't re synch. We aren't sure why but when rejoined (which you don't see) we didn't have the problem until 3 zones later.

Wads and Lua's added where:

TP & MetalAnyone.

Video of what happened here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf3dcHdeCO4

Not sure if this is known yet but...

What happens here is basically one of our friends joined the server and for some reason when ever he started to move I started to resynch and when I moved he didn't re synch. We aren't sure why but when rejoined (which you don't see) we didn't have the problem until 3 zones later.

Wads and Lua's added where:

TP & MetalAnyone.

I guess your $$$.sav file didn't fully complete picking up the player's data join, or it just could be the lua. It does that for me sometimes in regular servers for me, so it just might be the netcode in general and not the lua. Sometimes if you resynch during when a player leaves and then rejoins, it's actually more of a chance of getting the server synched. So if you resynch it's better to just restart the exe and join the server again without the files still added, but that's what I just think.

Last edited:
Well folks, we finally pinned down the issue behind the weird two-red-flags issue that's popped up in CTF netgames, for those bothered by it lately. Turns out that the code for re-synching players that are desynced actually messes up and gives the player the RED flag even when they should have the blue flag!

Hilarious and all, but at least we've got that sorted now. =)

Sometimes after a player joins the game,he affects another player till he gets kicked out of the server,i also Noticed that 3D Floors aren't Syncing fine for new joiners .

Is it odd that a few times recently I've been finding servers using outdated versions of SRB2 even though older versions are supposed to become unavailable to connect online when a new update releases? I think I just saw a server running 2.1.11 instead of 2.1.14.

EDIT: I also need to add when a server tries to download the main SRB2 file.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back