Mario & Sonic At The Winter Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
Yep, new rumours today have stated that a Mario & Sonic Olympics sequel AKA Mario & Sonic at the winter olympics based on the 2010 winter olympics in Vancouver has now started game development. More about this news can be found here, and is also rumoured more information will be confirmed in the next month of Nintendo Magazine. Link is below.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/947/947571p1.html?RSSwhen2009-01-22_153100&RSSid=947571

Edit: The game has been offically confirmed to be on the Wii & DS. Trailers are on youtube.

I hope it'll have a DS version. I have a Wii, but the last one had a better DS version.

I also hope that this time around, the events will be more balanced. I mean, there were eight Dream Events and seven Athletics events, but Aquatics and Gymnastics only had two events apiece, and every other category just had one!

Speaking of Dream Events, I wish the regular events would be more like the Dream Events--the Dream Events were my favorite part of the last game.

Actually I thought the DS one was worse.
Horrible cramping controls,graphics were better for Wii.

Graphics Wii
Controls Wii
Game modes Iffy since one had this one,the other didn't.

I hope its just for Wii, since I think the lowered down the amount of Wii game play modes so it didn't make the DS version look sad.

Graphics WERE better for the Wii, but the Wii one was harder and didn't have as many events.

Harder?

No the DS version was.
Your hands are so cramped!
In the Wii version its just waggle!
Ds its,put your stylus on the touch screen,also putting your hands on the shoulder buttons.
Garbage!

Also Events...I have to disagree since the DS left out great events.

Autosaver said:
Ds its,put your stylus on the touch screen,also putting your hands on the shoulder buttons.
Garbage!
For the love of God, format your posts better.
The Wii version had the same idea: shaking, swiping, and spinning. What makes the DS version garbage? I mean, how much events did you play? There are plenty of variety in the rest of the minigames.

You can't expect top-notch graphics for a low-power system like the DS. The DS version has some of the very best 3D graphics on the DS, like Mario Hoops.

I have only played a limited amount of game said. D:

Some horrible controls I will say is the boating game......
I will agree some are extremely easier.
Also this game does introduce....screen scratching. D:

Edit:I know the DS can't handle those graphics, but that doesn't make it win the graphics area either.

shado said:
Justanote.png

There'll almost certainly have both a DS and Wii version, but really, did you _need_ to say that?

The sequel should be as least as good as the first, in theory, so I'll probably get to play it at my cousin's. Doubt I'll be buying it though. Not my genre.

Oooh... good one! Maybe in figure skating, too? Although that'd probably need the wiimote too...

This is what controls I reckon would be used in what events.

Skiing = Wiimote & Balance Board (optional)

Bobsleigh (whatever it's called and spelt) = Wiimote & Nunchuk

SnowBoarding = Balance Board

Ice Hockey = Wiimote & Nunchuk (I have a feeling this may have a dream event of this as well as an offical sport)

More sports to come when I remember the rest, or if anyone else knows.

Hyperknux said:
I think the Wii balance board would work as well for that. (Shake Wiimote & Nunchuck to run and get on the balance board to get in the bobsled)

zeldagamer00 said:
Hyperknux said:
I think the Wii balance board would work as well for that. (Shake Wiimote & Nunchuck to run and get on the balance board to get in the bobsled)

And lay on your back so you can't see exactly like the real vers-bricked

I hope the Wii version is built better this time,even if it did have better graphics,sounds,controls......it felt like a DS.
It was too shallow,not many events/fun.

I hope this itme around it returns some and has 2x more events.
And have a + side to the Wiiersion.

I hope it will have a full online mode, beating other countries in the olympics would be awesome

Luminous said:
I've seen the magazine previews, and it seems pretty good. It's called Mario and Sonic in the winter Olympics.
NOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yeesh. That's not cool! M&S was a little too average for my tastes, and now we get a sequel? Why not a high quality Platformer/Adventure title?

.... I'll have to have a looksee of this new title. Something tells me that it won't be great though.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Luminous said:
I've seen the magazine previews, and it seems pretty good. It's called Mario and Sonic in the winter Olympics.
NOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yeesh. That's not cool! M&S was a little too average for my tastes, and now we get a sequel? Why not a high quality Platformer/Adventure title?

.... I'll have to have a looksee of this new title. Something tells me that it won't be great though.

Remember this is being made by SEGA Sports.Who used to make sports games.Not Sonic team.

Also your right,the Wii version felt like a DS title.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back