port forwarding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all to be able to host something like this you MUST portforward. Second, all routers should be able to portforward, and looking at google yours is no different. While looking at a tutorial on google keep in mind that you are trying to do the port 5029 only as a udp. To know how to do it just look up sky router portforwarding and keep what i said in mind

There are some modems/routers that do not require port forwarding though.
Try hosting a game and check the Master Server. If your server reports as being unreachable, you should port forward.

There are some modems/routers that do not require port forwarding though.
Try hosting a game and check the Master Server. If your server reports as being unreachable, you should port forward.
But i think you need it to allow it to portforward the game or else your router is very unsafe

I meant if it does it automatically without asking for permission it is very unsafe (sorry I'm a bit tired)

Did you port forward the port 5029 UDP?
And is your game hosting on that port?

Did the thing you use to port forward require an internal IP address, by any chance? Some players write their external IP in this field, but the external IP goes not go there.

Last edited:
Considering I work with a wireless adapter on my PC, don't try to make a static IP on your laptop. Also I highly recommend you google what your router model is and see if it's capable of portforwarding. Some routers may not allow you to portforward at all.

You got the steps already.

You need to know the model of your router, not just the brand.
So you open Google and search "[router model] port forwarding" and hope for finding steps to port forward.

Another less-straightforward way is to enter 192.168.0.1 and login (both username and password are often "admin" on untouched routers), and from there find an option that allows you to port forward.

Last edited:
Uh, how about you check the Master Server instead?
Find your server, and in the same row, where the column "Ping" is, you should see either a number (your server works fine) or a circle with an X (it does not work).

It's easier than "asking" random people to join your server.
Which in turn... is not allowed here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back