Mystic Realm v.4.4 (scr_mysticrealm.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW...
Again I say, wow.
Without a doubt the best level wad I've ever played, the levels so far are fantastic and fun to play. It's also a great challenge for SRB2 players. I haven't beaten all of the levels yet, so I'll review them soon.

Overall: 10/10 for now.

Are we supposed to take from this that you are STILL using 1.09.4? It's been out of date for two and a half months naoz.

It's not quite that simple, actually. Some things need to be manually changed when one does that, as well as level headers, SOCs, extensive testing of the conversion, etc.

...Why not just release the whole first quest? After all, I did port all of it.

Huh? First quest is already ported? That doesn't mean Glaber is redoing your (BW) job, does it?

... this needs to be explained.

Actually, BW, could you send me what you did? I might as well just check it, and package it up so we can stop having people ask over and over again.

Huh? First quest is already ported? That doesn't mean Glaber is redoing your (BW) job, does it?
I don't think this is the case. I gave my wad to Glaber so he could start where I left off, not do over my work.

Actually, BW, could you send me what you did? I might as well just check it, and package it up so we can stop having people ask over and over again.

Done. Check your inbox.

so he could start where I left off, not do over my work.

This is more reasonable.

You said 1st quest is ported; Glaber said he could release 2 zones. Why just 2 zones if all campaign is ported? Such "situation" made me think Glaber is redoing or touching a part you had done.

Are we supposed to take from this that you are STILL using 1.09.4? It's been out of date for two and a half months naoz.
Well, if he wants to play an out of date mod, he has to use 1.09.4, obviously. Just because he didn't ask why it wasn't working, that doesn't mean he doesn't know about 2.0.

...Why not just release the whole first quest? After all, I did port all of it.
...You said 1st quest is ported; Glaber said he could release 2 zones. Why just 2 zones if all campaign is ported? Such "situation" made me think Glaber is redoing or touching a part you had done.

Because there were elements of the auto-converter left over and what I was doing was taking the sector work Blue Warrior did and merging it with the Thing work I did. I also only got as far as Tempest Valley done and I still need to go back over the check points to fix them. Oh there was also that issue with Flame rift's Crumbling fofs, wasn't there?

I got distracted by SRB2 Halloween 2009 when this month rolled around. Chances are the same thing will happen around US Thanksgiving this November

The whole soc issue is more about shifting numbers IMO, and there are a lot of them.

When It comes to manual conversions, I'm actually getting the hang of it and I believe I can do a better job than the Level converter.

Well, The auto converter messed up on thing types of different difficulties making them disappear in game by converting them to the wrong numbers.
Porting Midnight Freeze's original music (Already done in SRB2 Halloween 2009)
The custom badniks for second quest.
The custom bosses for both quests.
Getting certain hardcoded bugs not to show up (STJR has to fix these), EX: Eggrock 3 warp, The Level Select activating Pandora's box and bringing up Beta Showcase on the menu.

And Flame Rift, but this one's a minor problem at this point now.

I also still have to merge your work from Tempest Valley Zone Act 2 and up.

Last edited:
I probably should have been more specific: what needed fixing that called for a redo of the first quest?

Well, The auto converter messed up on thing types of different difficulties making them disappear.

How is this bad? All thing types that don't show up on normal difficulty are supposed to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back