Sonic Nitro Adventure (FanGame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegoTheAlien

Miles Per Hour
EDIT : Wow I haven't been here in years, The last time I came here I was a N00B.

Story : Sonic Tails and Knuckles are on a search for a mysterious emerald, But theres a big twist.

Information : I made my own engine, A few friends helped out.

Gameplay : Its Next Gen styled, Stages are short but there will be many many stages, Each with paralex, Also theres many mini games , Tornado and Super Sonic mini game and snow boarding etc.

Videos : http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DC3642EAF15F522C

Demo : http://www.sendspace.com/file/um84cj

Yes I'm Sonic4K6, I'm on my old account because I can't figure out the "Mitten" Stuff, It's not canceled, The MFA was in my Hidden Folder the whole time.

1.) Footsteps, very, very annoying in a Sonic game.
2.) Looks pretty much the same as every other MM2 fangame, what's special?
3.) I sure hope the sound quality is Youtube's fault, because the title music sounded terrible.

Cue said:
1.) Footsteps, very, very annoying in a Sonic game.
2.) Looks pretty much the same as every other MM2 fangame, what's special?
3.) I sure hope the sound quality is Youtube's fault, because the title music sounded terrible.

Nice constructive criticism, there.

It's better than this game deserves. That was the most boring thing I've played since the last SAGE. Amazingly, it incorporates almost everything that could possibly go wrong with a fan game. Here's a short list...

- Graphics that clearly don't belong. The background in the demo stage is really just a badly scaled Google image search result, isn't it? And the rest is just shamelessly lifted from one of the Advance titles or drawn hastily in mspaint. It all clashes horribly.
- Focus on "next-gen". This game is not next-gen, and neither are any of the titles currently available. That's because they're part of the current generation. Get your terminology right.
- Boring, tacked-on story. "Sonic Tails and Knuckles are on a search for a mysterious emerald, But theres a big twist." I need not say any more.
- Awkward, floaty controls and broken movement physics. It takes almost no effort to reach the maximum speed, rendering the speed boosters totally useless. Rolling for some reason slows you down. The spindash is completely broken, and would be useless even if it worked right. Play any of the original games to learn how these things are meant to work.
- Annoyingly repetitive sound effects. I guess that comes with the "next-gen" package, but that doesn't justify it. Nobody wants to play a game in which Sonic grunts every two seconds. Having footstep sound effects doesn't make it seem more realistic, just more annoying.
- Massive and hideously ugly HUD. Why does it need to take up almost a quarter of the screen? Don't bother answering, there is no legitimate reason. Once again, look at the original games to see how it's done correctly. They're unobtrusive and yet still manage to give you all the information you need at a glance.
- An installer. Your game does not need one of these. There's not a single Sonic fan game on the face of this planet that needs an installer. Installers are useful when there are tons of extra files or files that need to be copied to system directories. They are not useful when your game is composed of a single executable and a text file. It doesn't make your game seem more legit, it's just one more useless step and that much more space taken up.

Remember, just because your videos get complimented on Youtube doesn't mean your fan game is any good. Nobody on Youtube knows how to constructively criticize anything.

I have to say, this game looks promising.

Though I have one complaint. Mixing battle with advance sprites, they don't fit, I think it has something to do with shading. Otherwise, good work.

It's nice to see you didn't take any of my criticism seriously. Judging by your latest video, your game has not improved at all, in fact now you've broken it so badly it needs a loading screen.

Sonic runs too slow. Don't make it SRB2A all over again. And the springs should go RIGHT TO the next spring. Not 20 feet above it.(IMO Of course)

The knuckles is so out of place. And this game has hold right. Add some plat forming or something.

Fyrus said:
What.

Sonic Advance was a helluva lot faster than this.
If you are talking about my post. I didn't mean Sonic Advance. I meant Sonic Robo Blast 2 advance.

Unless your commenting about the video. ^_^

Uninspired, linear level design, bland gameplay, ripped sprites, trying to emulate Sonic 06 in 3D (how many times have we seen this before now?), appalingly no challenge at all, homing attack in a 2D game... Yep, this has failure written all over it. Much unlike Sonic Nebulous. Please learn something from Ironrind. He knows good game design. As for artistic approach... It's a matter on taste.

GREG THE CAT said:
Uninspired, linear level design, bland gameplay, ripped sprites, trying to emulate Sonic 06 in 3D (how many times have we seen this before now?), appalingly no challenge at all, homing attack in a 2D game... Yep, this has failure written all over it. Much unlike Sonic Nebulous. Please learn something from Ironrind. He knows good game design. As for artistic approach... It's a matter on taste.

Ripped sprites... I can't sprite, I'm not trying to emulate Sonic 06, I tried to give it the Sonic 06 style, Is a first stage supposed to be hard? This isn't a genesis game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back