Need a bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, before I get bombed with comments about how this has already been asked, I already looked and couldn't find an answer to my question.

Anyway, when I open SRB2 in fullscreen mode it flashes black -> screen -> black -> screen, and so on and so forth. Now, it doesn't do this when it is windowed, so I am finding this moderately frustrating. Can anyone give me some help?

I.... don't realy know what to say. I guess you can use window mode, but set it's resolution to your moniter size.

Well, that would be helpful, but how do you load applications into the SRB2 Launcher? Or is that not possible? I mean, for example, the SSB demo that Spazzo just released....

Custom EXE name. Check the third tab. Remember not to add the extension :P

Anyways, does it happen in software or OpenGL mode? This seems to be a problem with the renderer, but if we don't know which, we wouldn't be able to help much.

Also try other resolutions. Maybe you just have crappy drivers and that resolution is messed up :/ You can force a specific resolution with the launcher too.

Well, I'll be darned. It started working out of the blue. (The Alternate EXE option. Before it just gave me Error "5" or something like that, but now it's working.)
And it flashes in both as long as its fullscreen

It's either a driver issue, or some program in the background messing up. Try other games first :/ Through I'm not sure if that would help much, SRB2 doesn't follow the same kind of architechtures as other games do, so it's prone to a different kind of errors.

Check any programs you may be running, specially desktop managers and such. Also, which computer are you running SRB2 on?

See if the one of the following makes any difference:

* Alt-tabbing out of the game and then clicking back on it.
* Switching to the other renderer (If playing in Software, try OGL, or vice-versa.)
* Changing the game's resolution. SRB2 operates in 640x400 by default, and a few computers don't seem to like that for some odd reason.

Mystic said:
* Switching to the other renderer (If playing in Software, try OGL, or vice-versa.)
Galneryusrock12 said:
And it flashes in both as long as its fullscreen
:P

Mystic said:
* Changing the game's resolution. SRB2 operates in 640x400 by default, and a few computers don't seem to like that for some odd reason.
Odd reason? Honeslty I'm still surprised how they still support 640x480, 800x600 and even 1024x768, engineers want us to go as highest as possible. Also take into mind that not all monitors have good time with real 640x400 as it isn't a so standard resolution (here the screen is a bit more stretched vertically).

Try 640x480 anyways, that's the safest resolution, even if Windows is so stubborn to don't list it in the screen properties dialog (remember that Windows only displays by default three resolutions and ignores the rest).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back