• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Single player collab discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're able to come up with a particular consensus to change the name of Honeyhive Zone, I'll be happy to do so.

But as far as I can see there isn't a need to make the change, the discussion originally came up because Haunted House Zone and Honeyhive Zone used the same acronym. But now that Haunted House is Eerie Fortress, it's no longer an issue.

I don't see the problem, it's just a name change anyways.
Why not go from a good name to a better name? Honey Hive sounds good but Hectic Hive sounds better.

Well, unless you planning a area with a bunch of bees/badniks attacking you, I see no reason to change the name.

Honey Hive is a name, and so is Hectic Hive, and despite Hectic Hive being the better name, it usually overall, depends on the type of landscape and gimmicks.

And unless I'm missing something here, I have nothing else to say.

Alright, can someone explain to me how Blue Lagoon could possibly have any influence on Zany Ziggurat Zone at all?

I mean, in the second act, you are in the bottom of a huge temple, with quicksand and lava, then what? Why would there be water? Or maybe you would exit the temple and go into a cavern with water?

I'm perfectly fine with just Honey Hive Zone. Hectic Hive sounds pretty silly, and we don't even need to change the name anymore since HHZ is no longer taken by another zone.

Alright, can someone explain to me how Blue Lagoon could possibly have any influence on Zany Ziggurat Zone at all?

I mean, in the second act, you are in the bottom of a huge temple, with quicksand and lava, then what? Why would there be water? Or maybe you would exit the temple and go into a cavern with water?

I was under the impression that the jungle in Act 1 would incorporate lava elements from the original Zany Ziggurat and water/swamp elements from Blue Lagoon, and Act 2 would inroduce the quicksand and other temple gimmicks. I'm probably mistaken in some way, but that seems like how Blue Lagoon's gimmicks should be incorporated IMO, even if it's not what the original plan was.

...since clearly the others couldn't be bothered to mention this here on the MB even after the sutble edits there and there they've made, I'll say it now.

Haunted House Zone has been officially renamed Eerie Fortress Zone.

...albeit without having checked if everyone actually approved of it first though, but oh well.

Piping up here to say that I really really like Tyler52's mix of Zany Ziggurat Zone 2. It's got the right vibe to it and plays strongly on the Central America theme the zone has going for it.

...since clearly the others couldn't be bothered to mention this here on the MB even after the sutble edits there and there they've made, I'll say it now.

Haunted House Zone has been officially renamed Eerie Fortress Zone.

...albeit without having checked if everyone actually approved of it first though, but oh well.
Uh, I think Whackjood mentioned it above.
I don't understand the need for a name change in the first place. Honey Hive sounds fine and fits the theme perfectly.
Reading previous replies, it seems like some users feel that "Honey Hive Zone" is a bit generic. Some users are suggesting to use a more original name.

Reading previous replies, it seems like some users feel that "Honey Hive Zone" is a bit generic. Some users are suggesting to use a more original name.
Apparently names that perfectly describe what the zones is like are generic, so one of the words has to be replaced with something that fits the theme less?

Apparently names that perfectly describe what the zones is like are generic, so one of the words has to be replaced with something that fits the theme less?
I really don't get what you're trying to point out here. Just because it fits the zone doesn't mean it isn't overused or generic, which is what people are saying. Hectic Hive adds more flavor to the name. Honey Hive sounds stale and as others pointed out, it has been used before. One user even pointed out that it is a fairly common phrase.

Personally, I couldn't care less about what the name ends up being.

I just don't see what improvement "hectic" brings over "honey". Everybody immediately knows what the theme of the level is just by hearing "honey hive".

So how is progress going for everyone else? I've been a tad busy myself, with a number of things, and haven't gotten the progress done that I would like to get done on Gravity Garden. To compound the problem, my older brother screwed up my main computer, making me use an alternate one that doesn't have any SRB2 stuff on it. So I'll probably be doing minimal designing until I can get that back online.

Regardless of my actual building progress though, I've been doing a lot of conceptualizing, and Zap610 has provided me with some splendid sound samples for use in the extremely mood setting opening. I'm totally enthusiastic about this and still am. I hope you guys all are too~

I wish I could work on Gravity Garden, Zany Ziggurat, and Honeyhive all at the same time, but I am a weak mortal and cannot do so.

I just want to encourage some of the lesser known designers who are self conscious about making a level. Don't feel like that! This is how you learn! We need all the help we can get if we are going to make this work, anyways. If you don't feel you are good enough, don't worry! We can all help you, and I think most of us will do it in a gentle and encouraging fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back