Official Level Design Contest Voting: January/February 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the M is for Match mode just like sp is for single player and R is for race. The reason I'm making Voiced Concern is I have the semiprivate beta. After seeing the Chaos Emeralds in the beta's match mode it got me concerned about the choice to add them in.

Dark Warrior said:
No, I was serious. It's what SRB2 does at the credits screen in 1.10.2/3/4.

Why? I hope the final doesn't do that. As far as the game itself goes, let's make it as E-rated as possible. Some of the quit messages aren't; it's not too much of an annoyance, but Sonic was meant to be that way.

The final shouldn't have that message at all. It was _meant_ for Final Demo, which came out in 2003 *cough*

Obviously, the message there is sorta amusing at this point, but it's still a message designed for the demo. The 1.1 private beta replaces a lot of things with jokes, including that and the quit messages, simply because it amuses us.

Mystic said:
Unless it doesn't work properly, match shouldn't even let you place the chaos emeralds in 1.09.4.
Well it does allow you. Refference picture:
srb20582.png

Taken in match mode in m-Sonichousexmas

And guess what. You can go super sonic in match mode under the current version.
(Taken in match mode again)
srb20583.png

srb20584.png

We already know this. It's been nerfed a little in 1.1 to be more fair, so I don't see what's wrong. It's not that easy to get all the emeralds, and when you do everyone in the server will gang up on you and shoot you anyway, and you lose 10 rings per shot taken and 1 ring per second, and if you're shooting at them too it all adds up.

Hah, amusing that it lets you go super in 1.09.4. Does it allow the whole server to do so, because it used to apply the emeralds server-wide, even in match.

Mystic said:
Hah, amusing that it lets you go super in 1.09.4. Does it allow the whole server to do so, because it used to apply the emeralds server-wide, even in match.

Oh, my gosh. That would be so dumb! Everyone would be invincible in match; no one would get hurt! HA HA HA HA HA! All they have to do is just remove their shield, SKIN SONIC, and teh booyah. They're all invincible.

It doesn't really make you invincible. I woz SS in Shadowcity in Tag mode, and I got hit. I was it. I assume Match is the same.

Yeah, it was stupid, but that's how emeralds used to work in match, around Demo 3. That was the last time I intentionally placed emerald objects into match stages until 1.1

Mystic said:
Yeah, it was stupid, but that's how emeralds used to work in match, around Demo 3. That was the last time I intentionally placed emerald objects into match stages until 1.1

XD. Wow. I...wonder how many other stupid things that have been in Demo 3 and 4 and such that aren't mentioned on the Wiki. Flag stuck in the slime... -_- A World of Pain stage. -_- Unreachable-as-Sonic Armageddon Shield. -_- Chaos mode. -_-

No, you CAN make slime return the flag. Give a 3D area overlapping the water the damage effect and give the water the return flag effect. JEV3 has figured out that doing vice versa doesn't work; it must be done this way. Crazy Castles Zone's slime now returns the flag.

Kaysakado said:
I meant automatically. That's what I meant by 1337 haxx0rs.

No, Crazy Castles Zone's slime returns the flag automatically if you drop it in the slime.

OK, it's hard to believe that we've had like 20 or so posts of off-topicness in the OLDC of all things. As far as taking action or anything, that's the admins' decision, so I leave this up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back