May/June 2010 Contest Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just have to disagree with you that New England is a good basis for SRB2 levels. I like the area, but it's not fodder for a video game.

Yeesh, I am REALLY getting sick of physics-defying fire-ice blend stages
A game featuring a miscolored anteater running around bopping robots and you're worried about physics? -_-

the lava was actually slime in disguise
That was a consious design choice. If I hadn't done that, the sides would be unbalanced, and, sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought unbalanced maps were bad level design.

Single Player:
Dangerous Volcano Zone by Internet Explorer:
Fun stage, nice layout. I like the use of ? Blocks and their different uses. I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I'm not good at a lot of stages. I'm not good at this one, either. I give it a 9/10.
Buzzards Bay Zone, Act 1 by WEREHOG:
Sort of bland. The boat at the end didn't look like a boat as much as it did a small factory. Better luck next time. 5-6/10
Canyon Operation Zone by ComRante:
Pretty good. Nice mix between canyon and factory. 7/10.
Starlit City by Brawl:
Where should I start... Oh, right. I don't like it that much. The floating platform part where they fall... nah. I give it a 6/10 for good level design.
Metropolis Sprint Zone by Whackjood:
Pretty good. Although the Eggman Boxes in the warehouse room got me. Other than that, it's good! 8/10.
Cyber Gauntlet by verifiaman:
I like how you used different colors for the wall/floor textures, but it was too difficult for me. Like I said, I'm not good at a lot of levels. 7/10.

CAPTURE THE FLAG

Freezing Flame Zone by RedEchidna
Rating: 6/10
Not that bad of a level, but the lava/freezing water got on my nerves a few times. Once I got the placement of everything down, it became a bit more fun. A decent attempt.

Wellspring Keep Zone by SpiritCrusher and Cinefast
Rating: 3/10
This level was very confusing. I had to spend more time doing nothing other than explore to even figure out what I had to do. The button gimmick doesn't do much for either team other than that wall it creates to block the main entrance, which I think shouldn't happen. It turns getting the flag from being fun into a chore. The outside area was done well. The bases were what made me dislike this.

Radiant Cavern by Spherallic and KO.T.E.
This level is very nice looking. It has great textures. The elements of the surrounds are portrayed very nicely. I only have 2 complaints about this stage. The first is the solid stalagmites. They were annoying to dodge, and seemed to just be about everywhere. My second complaint is that it is incredibly dark in the caves. Not only is it near impossible to tell who your teammates and enemies are, it takes a while to even figure out where anything is. Overall however, excellent stage.

Climate Chaos Zone by Scizor300
This level was much too big and caused a fair bit of lag at times. Also, when returning the flag, the red team is at a disadvantage. You force the red team to take the red springs near the trees just so they can get into their base with the flag, while the blue team has yellow springs right under their base. There are also very few weapon rings in retrospect to the size and you places the only rail ring over a death pit and Sonic's only shot at getting it is to get onto one of the nearby ledges.

Race

Grassy Cliffs Zone by AndyMan123
Not a very fun stage. The constant need to go up and down using springs slowed the gameplay and made some places very awkward to maneuver because sometimes the springs are right near a death pit. There is also a section near the end of each lap where it looks like you can go through, but you places an invisible wall with very little hint of it being there. This stage was not fun.

Tidal Cave by RedEchidna and darkbob1713
This stage had a lot of random gimmicks, and it was unclear what to do at times. This can then lead to quite a few cheap deaths. Once I figured out what was happening, I was able to actually race the stage. The section where you have the water push you towards the death pit needs to not have water falls covering up the next section, as I had no clue there was a death pit after it.

Iron Aquarium Zone by Zap610
Rating: 5/10
This level is a race stage? Could have fooled me. I thought it was single player with the enormous amounts of traps and confusing pathways. If this was a single player stage, it'd make sense. However you made it a race stage and instead of racing, I was stopping to contemplate on what in the world I was suppose to do. The traps made it unenjoyable in the slightest as a race stage, which is why the score is so low. It looked nice however. On a side note, it lagged a lot in a net game.
Edit: I replayed this stage, and once it is clear what one must do, it becomes enjoyable, but all the extra crushers and seemingly possible paths are useless and should be taken out as they confuse the player.

Last edited:
I guess "confusing" isn't the right word. It's more distracting than confusing. When I played this in a netgame, those buttons were distracting us a lot.

That's not really my main gripe with the map, anyway...I'm more concerned with how the route to the flag isn't obvious enough, and the stage is kind of on the empty side.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

A game featuring a miscolored anteater running around bopping robots and you're worried about physics? -_-
I'm not worried about physics. I'm worried about how every contest is featuring at least one map of this kind of fusion theme. It's getting really old.

That was a consious design choice. If I hadn't done that, the sides would be unbalanced, and, sorry if I'm wrong, but I thought unbalanced maps were bad level design.
You're right, but that wasn't the only way you could have balanced it. Maybe you could have made the icy water really shallow to compensate.

Voting

Single Player

Dangerous Volcano Zone by Internet Explorer
7/10

The begin was completely boring... When I saw "Get ready" I tensed up for no reason since I spent like 30 secs "sliding" around the volcano.

Ok, so I am in the volcano and I spy a mario block (So is this a mario level or sonic?) ah a spring then a switch and here half the problems comes. All the lava rising button are too fast and the path is unclear until you hit the button.
2zgvh1v.jpg
Seriously, can YOU see where to go!?
solution: Use a different texture for the way out, PLEASE! Using the same texture does this: Makes it look ugly, unable to tell the distance, Camouflages any detail in a larger detail.
Last take off the cr on the filename I see large problems that coop and race would be miserable with. (one green monitor for lava tide, multiple lava rise may trap players.)

Buzzards Bay Zone, Act 1 by WEREHOG
4/10

WOAH, nice visuals! but it somewhat clashes, and over all looked weird, It felt like I was contently in a box.. I guess it was cramp?

Canyon Operation Zone by ComRante
9/10

Usually, I would give a 10/10 for (My opinion) the best map
but your music choice was awful!

Starlit City by Brawl
3/10
Yay, Startlight zone music it is great!!
Too bad it doesn't fit the old, crumbling city stage.
Most of it was boring and platforming which Tails and Knux owns

Metropolis Sprint Zone by Whackjood
5/10
Hi I'm Sonic! Lost in the city! In M.S. Zone! Lost in the city!
"I have no clue where to go! Oh what a pity!" :<
Going Here, Going There looking lookin' for an sign
I can't tell where I am going due to poor level design! :<

Ok, ok, Beside the song, I got lost numerous times, because what I thought was a secret/extra path, was the end to an extra path. Please put arrow signs on where you want the player to go next time, or face the wraith of the Sonic rapper!

Cyber Gauntlet by verifiaman
4/10
You already get half for excluding Tails AND Knux, and even before I played it I thought
"You know,since he said "Sonic only" this gonna be nothing but platforms and jumping."

And I was right, next time make a paths for the others instead of excluding them, "like ERZ1 Sonic speed ,Tails flight Knux Glides"

If you did ,you might of gotten a 9

Well that is it for SP!
ON to the Multi!

Match:
MAPM1 - Diamond Blizzard Zone by Spherallic
7/10
I got lost, confused and rail'd all at the same time. I need to spend more time on it.

MAPM2 - Coastal Cavern by RedEchidna
8/10
Easily the BEST map in the Match pack!
Though it seems like a rush job, and the springs barely shoot you high enough to reach the mountain. Overall a great map! Good Job! To you good sir!

MAPM3 - Citrus Foyer Zone by Brawl
1/10
Welcome to Block City! Please watch out for the O.J!
Too Blocky and O.J? Really?

MAPM4 - Lost Paradise Zone by Neo Chaotikal
6/10

I really don't know how to call this one... This map would be great with 16+ players. 8- Players and not so much.

CTF:
MAPF1 - Freezing Flame Zone by RedEchidna
8/10
I don't know why no one else like this map! Other than the Lava/Ice. I enjoyed it!

MAPF2 - Wellspring Keep Zone by SpiritCrusher/Cinefast
6/10
Why did you put the flag in the library? The CRAMP library?
Half the time I would smack my head on the poles trying to shoot the flag carrier! The other half I would smack my head on the poles trying to escape the base with the flag! I like the little button gimmick though.

MAPF3 - Radiant Cavern by Spherallic/KO.T.E
7/10
Again, I don't know why people complain about how dark it is I like it that way.(I guess it could be brighter) I think this map is better suited for Hns and Tag more than CTF!

MAPF4 - Climate Chaos Zone by Scizor300
3/10
As nice as it is, It had way too much stage lag...

Circuit:

MAPR1 - Grassy Cliffs Zone by AndyMan123
1/10
Cramp, Confusing and only one Checkpoint. You can do better!
First make it less like a circle, and more like a large circle that doesn't seem like a circle.
It seems my words has confused some people. Lemme try and re-explain
Most race maps are a circle right?
Well, When I race I don't see a circle I see a straight line with many turns.
I guess I'm comparing Sonic Circuit to say Blade's Thunder Factory, One of them feels to me more like a circle. There is another map like Sonic Circuit , I can't remember the name though..
MAPR2 - Tidal Cave by RedEchidna/darkbob1713
7/10
Very nice, Very challenging! Sonic and Knux own here! The only complain I heard was C-Lag made this map extremely difficult

MAPR3 - Iron Aquarium Zone by Zap610
5/10
I like the visuals but the gameplay itself lacking, And the multi steam jet hurts my ears.

The Contest!
6/10

Last edited:
Srb2kirbyo, just to make things clear for me, was it the actual quality of the song or the way it fit the level that bothered you?

The way it fit for me. Probably because I was in the canyon more than the factory listening to music for a factory.

Damn, I'm not at my house ATM and I won't be back until the middle of July, so don't expect any judging from me this contest.

Dangerous Volcano Zone - 5/10
Reminds me of Detonation Drift Zone from last contest a lot, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. This was definitely the level where the most fun was to be had, but there were also really bad ideas hurting your score. The most obvious of these ideas is the beginning. It takes a stunning 30 seconds until I get to do something, congratulations for that. Then, I get told that I can break a wall when it is perfectly obvious that I can, but when I spin into it, chances are I land in some flamethrowers. Speaking of those, it's not clear enough where they come from. You should have some distinct visual cue to show the player where a flamethrower is. This first real room also demonstrates another huge problem: Everything is too cramped any many platforms are too small. This leads to unnecessary deaths and to frequent wall-hugging. The lava also has water damage instead of fire damage, which means I can fall in, possibly resulting in death. The Mario Blocks sure don't fit, even if that spring idea is quite clever.

It is not very obvious what I'm supposed to do in the first room. The button hardly looks like one (a general problem in your level) and the diagonal spring deceives me into thinking it is the way forward. In the next rising lava room, the exit is hard to see because it consists all of the same textures, thus making the walls blend in with themselves. I do have fun here though, because I like rising lava traps, and this one is quite speed-inducing. The next few rooms are decent, but the "push a button to pull up those platforms" gimmick gets a bit old. Then we get to some blocks that must be spindashed through, but they give no indication that this is possible or even required.

The really cool stuff comes after that though. The lava slide was really great, although going through it twice was kinda unnecessary. The ice part was a neat idea, but the blue colormap was too dense. I did like this ice shrine thingy though. The navigation in those areas is a bit weird, I get confused where to go at times. And then we get to the slab of genius that is the 2D section. The lava current idea is insanely cool and the whole section is well executed. I can always see what's in front of me, and anticipating the current is entirely possible, if challenging. There's one problem at the second elevator though. If I fall off, I'm trapped. The end was a bit anticlimactic, I suggest going out of 2D for a last room.

All in all, I had great fun in this level, even if I have to dodge some points for obvious flaws. The most important of those are some confusing rooms and a sense of crampedness. The visuals were decent, although not very spectacular, but I am hard to please with this theme. For a beginning mapper, you have a lot of talent. Let's hope you make something out of it.

Buzzards Bay Zone, Act 1 - 3/10
You have improved quite considerably, but that doesn't mean you're quite there yet. A big problem are the several springs that have too much force, thus sending you flying. The whole thing is also cramped in places, which is made even worse by the fact that Crawla Commanders are everywhere. The visuals are somewhat decent, even if completely ripped off from Sunshine Atoll (while the boat was from Drowned Downtown, you seriously played too much Tortured Planet). The palm trees looked awkward because the stumps were too thick for the leaves, and they were completely flat on the top. Another annoying thing were those walls stretching into the sky. As someone mentioned before me, use FOFs.

Canyon Operation Zone - 4/10
I expected quite a lot from you, especially visually. You really didn't deliver the least. The layout was extremely confusing because there were tons of occasions where I could go backwards. Instead of tweaking the rooms so that this wouldn't happen, you chose to supply the level with tons of arrows just about everywhere that unfortunately didn't help a single bit. Most of the time, they were not remotely pointing the right way, and sometimes I would follow a dead end just to find a button pointing down. Pointing down does not imply "go back where you came from" for me. There were lots of paths (I think I went through all of them, but naturally, I might have missed one), but none of them contained anything interesting. Lasers, crushers, turrets and flashing floors can all be seen in THZ2, and they do get quite boring. The turret was also horribly executed, there wasn't even any cover to avoid its shots. The seizure wall room was (quite obviously) seizure-inducing. The only gimmick I liked were those platforms getting shot up by fountains at the end, and the rest was the usual platform jumping, this time a bit on the "forced accuracy" side. The visuals were the biggest problem though. The outside sections looks absolutely disgusting, with one texture for ALL of the walls and one texture for ALL of the floors. Moreover, random placement of cacti just about everywhere, completely obscuring my sight. The indoors parts looked decent, but were extremely cramped in some spots. What Crawlas were doing in this level, I have no idea. They certainly do not fit well with Snappers.

Starlit City - 4/10
Some of you are acting as if this level was the end of the world. I must disagree. In 1.09.4, this would probably have received quite decent scores. And it really isn't all that terrible, even if it's not good either. The worst thing is the sky, that is really disgusting. Otherwise, I can't say much except "Have more interesting gameplay" and "Use a theme that has decent textures to begin with. You tried a bit with the park section, which looked quite nice, but in general this level is too empty.

Metropolis Sprint Zone - 5/10
Another of these decent ones, but this time, it isn't an interesting level marred by glaring flaws, it's a solidly built, boring one. You may have noticed how some of my reviews are much shorter than others. That's because in some levels, there's hardly much to comment on, like in this one. Whenever you have an idea, it's cool, so I won't bother listing those. But when you don't, the map gets flat and dull. There is a lot of emptiness and lack of decoration around there. One thing that doesn't work is the death-from-above turret. Also, the sewers don't feel like sewers at all. Otherwise, it is decent, but lacks content in too many parts.

Cyber Gauntlet - 5/10
Unlike many other, it seems, I like this stage. The concept is very cool, actually, and it's quite fun to blast through. And yes, it's actually varied, but certain people seem to have ragequit on the first two rooms, thus thinking this is a spring bounce fest. The rope hangs and especially the currents were very clever. Also, the fact that the pits teleported you made the stage forgiving. There is just one problem: It's much too easy. Apart from the waterslides, all obstacles can be beaten after two or three tries, and the time hardly gets a problem. The visuals are decent enough and don't matter much in a short special stage. This is just kinda weird and unexpected for a contest map, so I'm kinda unsure on the rating.

Diamond Blizzard Zone - 10/10
No, I am not kidding. This is quite honestly the best Match map I have played, even better than Tidal Palace and sure better than Frost Columns. The visuals are incredible, and the layout is very complex but still easy to navigate in and to encounter opponents. You can actually explore this stage without getting lost or being distracted from playing, because going out of your way is rewarded with powerful items (I especially like the Grenade Panel spot). And since all the upper paths lead to the lower section with only one jump, you can quickly resume to action all the time. I really can't find any flaws, and I find myself joining OLDC servers that have this map on just to play it and then leave once the next map is on.

Coastal Cavern - 5/10
This is the manifestation of average. No real flaws to be found, but it's just not interesting. The layout is effective, the size is good, and the visuals are okay, even if kinda bland. There's just absolutely nothing engaging about it. The lack of good visuals and the partial flatness made it boring in places. I also found the WRMs to stand a bit out in the open. I did have my share of fun here, but that didn't come from the stage, but rather from the fact that it didn't prevent fun. In other words, completely average.

Citrus Foyer Zone - 1/10
There was some kind of mutated charm in this level, but that stemmed from the lack of quality. Really, it was nothing more than a bunch of square platforms with way too many rings. The weapon tiles were randomly placed (some weren't even floating, there were two Auto panels and no Grenade panel), as was the ammo (strangely, no Bounce ammo to be found, and Grenade ammo for the non-existent panel). Eight emerald spawns, which is utterly retarded since that means they spawn in the same place almost all of the time (and you did that in your last stage too). Anyway, even without those issues, it would still be a 26-sector piece of nothing. I am getting the feeling that you just submit maps to the contest but completely ignore the voting. That way, your maps will stay terrible.

Lost Paradise Zone - 4/10
Oh well, this is a perfect example of wasted potential. The visuals are stunning, and the scope of this level is impressive, even if totally impractical. This would make for a great Hide and Seek level, but it makes for a frustrating Match stage. The level is just way too huge to find anybody, and weapon tiles and pickups are so scarcely allocated that I have to hunt them down, more or less. I also have no idea why you put so little ammo in such a huge stage, and even less of an idea why you placed 4 pickups for each weapon (expect for Bomb and Scatter). There should have been around 16 Auto pickups at least, for example, but probably only two for Grenade. Balance doesn't mean equal amounts in this case. Another huge problem was the hallway around the temple, it was too hard to find the two exits, making the stage feel maze-y. A similar maze can be found somewhere inside the temple only that that one is a real maze. There were also too few emerald spawns, you had 32 while the game recognizes up to 64. Use that please, especially in such a large stage.

Freezing Flame Zone - 4/10
This sure is an okay stage, but not much more. The visuals are ugly, because the transition is so very abrupt and carelessly executed. Really, a flat wall that suddenly changes its color in the middle does not look good. Also, the lack of scenery made this seem bland. In terms of gameplay, this is uninteresting but decent. I like that "safety net" wall at the base that prevents you from falling into the goop, but not because it is cool or anything, but because the stage was utterly stupid without it. The secondary entrance to the flag room is kind of useless as the flag carrier, because you will definitely get bombed if you try to go up there without a special ability. The two stripes of goop in the middle were unnecessary nuisances, and I think your map would have been better off without any liquid.

Wellspring Keep Zone - I need to get it/my brain
Creating this was no fun, but the result is okay, I guess. I'd personally give it 5/10 probably. The buttons don't work all the time because "Each Time" triggers and netgames hate each other, there is unfortunately nothing to do about it. The spawns outside the map are a really, really stupid bug, I apologize. You should have seen my face when I spawned and got a massive HOM in my own map :< The biggest problem seems to be the confusing-ness. I really should have added some hanging flags to the right of the corridor, or made an opening in the wall of the button room that lets you jump down. The visuals are proof that just because you think you have taste, that doesn't mean you can create something good yourself. And now I wrote more about my own stage than about the others. Shame on me.

Radiant Cavern Zone - 4/10
All you people who voted 9/10 or similar, have you played this? I mean, even Spherallic thinks it sucks. The thick colormap makes it utterly impossible to tell team mates from opponents until you are really close. Certain shields can also not be told apart from each other. Shooting at someone with an Armageddon Shield in the red base because you think it is a Whirlwind Shield makes you headdesk. It was also quite dark in the caves, thus further obscuring my sight. The layout was maze-like, but at least I always wound up where I wanted to go, even if I didn't know how. For some reason, it was ridiculously easy to hide in here, making scoring somewhat of a drag. The visuals were okay, I guess, but not as spectacular as some make it out to be.

Climate Chaos Zone - 2/10
More like Stalemate Chaos Zone. The idea of having a non-symmetrical CTF stage is not a good idea. Especially not when the sides are as unbalanced as they are here. Seriously, how dare you force one team to search for a way to the base while the other has springs directly on the main path? The middle section looked horrid, but otherwise the visuals were quite nice. The biggest problem here was that the stage was too large and detailed though. I literally grabbed the flag, hid for ten minutes and wasn't found. We set the score limit to 1 and I committed deliberate suicide so that we could progress to Race. This could have been decent had it been symmetrical and smaller, but this way, it borders on the unplayable.

Grassy Cliffs Zone - 2/10
Without any doubt, a bad level. The invisible walls are a terrible idea, and they make it incredibly time-consuming to get up on the real path in case you fall down. The spring that leads up to the cave propels the player too high, thus further breaking flow. The diagonal spring on top was completely useless, since you were quicker without using it. Also, the "shortcut" that winds around that part is broken, the ledge in the middle is a death pit. It would be too hard to use in netgames anyway, though. Apart from that, it was your usual thokfest with boring visuals. The music choice was terrible; the song hadn't even started when I had already finished.

Tidal Cave Zone - 5/10
A balanced Race map is hard to make, and we all know it. This one has a few problems in that department, even it is quite promising in other spots. The bridge after the first star post gives the first player an unfair advantage while punishing everybody coming late. This is a bad idea, since it will make it harder to beat somebody who is already leading. Getting on top of the other bridge after that is awkward, I suggest moving the spring that leads up there to a more convenient spot. The waterslide works pretty well in theory, bu some of the segments are cut so short that jump into it at the wrong spot is guaranteed to kill you. The falling stalagmites can be either completely ignored or will hit you unexpectedly out of nowhere. They're not exactly a clever gimmick, albeit a popular one. The slide that pushes you off into a pit at the end is easily the best part, as it isn't cheap but affects your momentum in some way (this is what clever Race gimmick should be all about). The visuals were somewhat mediocre, because some textures really didn't fit, as did the orange rocks. Try less ice and more cave.

Iron Aquarium Zone - 7/10

The visuals are extremely well-made, except for the too blue colormap. The gameplay, while not exactly very original or unique, suits Race very well. Some people called it a thokfest, but I think they don't quite understand what a thokfest is. Sure you can thok here, but you have to thok at the right points into the right direction (in the first underwater room, for example). The map also isn't flat otherwise (save for the room where the finish line is, but that's excusable). The arrows next to the fans should probably point up instead of left, you could get the impression that you're supposed to follow the crushers. The ring aren't floating for some reason, please make sure you do that the next time.

Last edited:
You're right, but that wasn't the only way you could have balanced it. Maybe you could have made the icy water really shallow to compensate.
Nonono, do you understand the differences in how they work? Even if the blockmonsters flag was set on the lava, lava triggers the damage as soon as you touch it, while water damage doesn't trigger until you're underwater, but will remove a lightning shield before it triggers the damage. Either way, there was no other way to balance both sides of the map.

Nonono, do you understand the differences in how they work? Even if the blockmonsters flag was set on the lava, lava triggers the damage as soon as you touch it, while water damage doesn't trigger until you're underwater, but will remove a lightning shield before it triggers the damage. Either way, there was no other way to balance both sides of the map.
You can solve that problem by making the water harmless, but producing a coincident Fire Damage intangible, invisible FOF. Only water blocks are rendered solid by the Fire Damage sector special.

Also, it's called the "Block Enemies" flag now.

Last edited:
But you're missing the point; water damage takes away the ring shield first, but lava damage doesn't.

(Also, REALLY, WHO CARES WHAT THE FLAG'S CALLED ASDF)

Yeah, I guess my argument has stooped to a pretty ridiculous level. Avoiding the original issue isn't worth going forward with everything I've said.

Also, it's called the "Block Enemies" flag now.
It's actually referred to as ML_BLOCKMONSTERS in the source code, but in the editors I've chosen to incorporate more sensible names. (What's a monster? The Block Enemies flag prevents enemies from crossing the linedef, namely objects with MF_ENEMY.)

Other examples of different flag names are ML_DONTPEGTOP, ML_DONTPEGBOTTOM (Upper and Lower Unpegged, simply because that's how every map maker knows them as), ML_NOCLIMB (Not Climbable, because the wall becomes unclimbable), ML_TFERLINE (Transfer Line, because it's cool to write code like it's 1960).

You know as well as I do that voting for only one map will make your vote be ignored, even if it's my map >_>

Okay, I'm kinda lazy right now, so I'll only give ratings, no comments. I might add them later, if I ever feel like it.

Single Player
Dangerous Volcano Zone by Internet Explorer - 6/10
Buzzards Bay Zone, Act 1 by WEREHOG - 2/10
Canyon Operation Zone by ComRante - 3/10
Starlit City by Brawl - 2/10
Metropolis Sprint Zone by Whackjood - 5/10
Cyber Gauntlet by verifiaman - 5/10

Match
Diamond Blizzard Zone by Spherallic - idiots/⑨
This stage has the most time put into it of all my maps so far. It took me one week, on and off, to make this map. Also, there's a bug, the item boxes in the ice tunnel are supposed to be on top of it :<

Coastal Cavern by RedEchidna - 4/10
I find it funny that this is the best match stage from this set, seeing as this is an obvious rush job.

Citrus Foyer Zone by Brawl - 1/10
lolno

Lost Paradise Zone by Neo Chaotikal - 3/10
Okay, this stage is obviously made by someone who hasn't grasped the 2.0 standards yet. I mean, where's all the ammo? Why is there a maze? Why does the whole stage look so increndibly bland? And most of all, why is it so goddamned huge?

CTF
Freezing Flame Zone by RedEchidna - 6/10
This stage was kinda fun, it looked decent, and it played decently. Nothing else to say, really.

Wellspring Keep Zone by SpiritCrusher/Cinefast - 5/10
I found this map to be really average. Sure, the button gimmick is nice, but it didn't work all the time, and some parts still look kind of ugly. Pretty average stage otherwise.

Radiant Cavern by Spherallic/KO.T.E - lol/fail
Seriously, where are all the high scores coming from? I really don't know.

Climate Chaos Zone by Scizor300 - 3/10
Well, you haven't heard my suggestion, it seems. This stage would've been decent, if you had just chosen to make it symmetrical. While you do have better item placement here, it's still far from perfect, but you're starting to get on the right track.

Race
Grassy Cliffs Zone by AndyMan123 - 2/10
Tidal Cave by RedEchidna/darkbob1713 - 7/10
Iron Aquarium Zone by Zap610 - 6/10

Last edited:
Radiant Cavern by Spherallic/KO.T.E - lol/fail
Seriously, where are all the high scores coming from? I really don't know.
Do you actually not realize how freaking epic your map is? It's seriously one of the best CTF maps I've ever seen. I actually think it should be included in a future version of SRB2, like Blade's Thunder Factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back