Ultimate Mode, are you bad enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
So, Ultimate Mode. Just cleared it and I'm curious to see who else here has beaten this ridicuhard setting. (that and I need to flex my ego, ahem)

Also, while I'm at it. I'm going to be keeping track of who has finished this challenge, for the sake of it. Proof will be required in the form of a video showing the new credits, or screenshots of the new credits. (i.e., screenshots that don't have Youtube's blur on them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5tm1Cllp4 My proof, for added ego and to not be a hypocrite when I want proof for the other claims of clearing Ultimate mode.

Ultimate Difficulty hall of fame:
MattW_CFI
Whackjood
tailsmastermind

Last edited:
To activate Ultimate difficulty, simply type "ultimate" into the console (you don't even have to press enter- a ring jingle will play as soon as you finish typing it) and then select a stage via the God Menu/Pandora's Box level select.

If you're lazy and just want to see the separate artwork in the credits, simply beat the last boss in this mode. You're not required to play through all the stages (I suppose I should note that I at least got to get to Egg Rock 2 legitimately before botching it and resorting to such an option).

EDIT: Omfg... I gave Ultimate another go as Sonic, and it's all cake up until anything involving the beefed-up Jettysons of ER2. Furthest I got was up to the room where there's a group of them as small Sonic. They're super quick, and have a tendency not to duck town too often. I promptly used up all 8 of the lives I had remaining. Geez...

I find it funny that on the Youtube video the way you hit the boss was the most complicated way possible when there is an easier way.

EDIT: Omfg... I gave Ultimate another go as Sonic, and it's all cake up until anything involving the beefed-up Jettysons of ER2. Furthest I got was up to the room where there's a group of them as small Sonic. They're super quick, and have a tendency not to duck town too often. I promptly used up all 8 of the lives I had remaining. Geez...
Just to lower your hopes a bit more, they also have a much faster reaction time.

glaber: I've beaten it as well.

I laughed so much at the 1st pic, but I don't understand the 3rd one: "Metal Sonic is the Egginator". Does that means Metal Sonic is the final boss?

I did ultimate as Sonic form beginning to end, once I found out how to activate it.

I found ERZ2 to be quite annoying, along with the beefed up speed of some flying enemies...

All and all, always satisfying to complete.

I laughed so much at the 1st pic, but I don't understand the 3rd one: "Metal Sonic is the Egginator". Does that means Metal Sonic is the final boss?

He ees a rohboht frum deh fewtcha! Hees mission is tew prohtehct yew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back