We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The netcode is 'fixed' in the sense that it is working about as effectively as it does in 2.0.6.

While I agree that this is probably good enough for a release (I'd certainly download and play it myself), 'as effectively as it does in 2.0.6' is far from being 'fixed'.
I'd say 'playable without too many problems' instead.

So we might have to wait two years for 2.1 to come out? (I read one of the posts in this topic and it said that.) Sorry if this is a stupid question that hasn't been answered, but I seriously don't know.

Also, even if it requires some minor edits, will wads from 2.06 work? And will we be able to update them a bit more (like with second abilities by pressing spin in air or etc.?)

Do not take anything anyone says as fact unless they are staff. There is absolutely 0 confirmation on the game getting released this year.

And also, same goes for the game getting released in 1 year, 2 years, 10 years, 1500 years, or whatever random dates people are coming up with now. There is 0 confirmation for any release time whatsoever.

Even if SRB2 was discontinued, I'd assume that the latest build would be released to the public in case someone else wanted to continue it.

Personally, I think that we shouldn't "get our hopes up" for 2.1 until a release date is confirmed.

I meant "are they going to continue, as in is it conformed?" Are they going to stop process all together if the CAN'T continue?

Yes, why wouldn't they continue? If they encounter a problem that is unfixable, they will probably find a way around that problem. Plus, the SRB2 Developers are not quitters. They will stop working on SRB2 once SRB2 is completely finished.

Final answer, yes. They are going to continue. Also, 2.1 will come out once they feel like it's ready for a release. You will just have to be patient like everyone else.

Yes, why wouldn't they continue? If they encounter a problem that is unfixable, they will probably find a way around that problem. Plus, the SRB2 Developers are not quitters. They will stop working on SRB2 once SRB2 is completely finished.

Final answer, yes. They are going to continue. Also, 2.1 will come out once they feel like it's ready for a release. You will just have to be patient like everyone else.

I have been on Srb2 since version 1.0.8... I think I am patient. :D
As long as Srb2 does not die, I am happy. 2.1 will need to be PERFECT! I doubt they will let me down.

2.1 will need to be PERFECT!

Marilyn-Monroe-and-Joe-Dimaggio-Laughing.gif

No offense, but thinking like that is just going to get you disappointed.

You know, if the thread seems to be dying you're not required to keep it alive with the same questions asked a billion times before hand. This is likely an indicator that there's nothing else really worth discussing, its already ran circles around itself multiple times.

I think that this should be closed as well.

All my reasons why are already stated. This is becoming too circular.

Yep, this should be closed as the questions are starting to be repeated, and I fell into the trap of questioning something that was questioned before.

Here's a tip: If a thread is becoming circular and repetitive, don't prolong it even further by stating how circular and repetitive it has become. Let it die its natural death, and then maybe somebody who has a question that hasn't been asked before can still use this thread. Since that's clearly not happening here, I'm gonna go ahead and lock it.

To reiterate: Yes, 2.1 will be released. No, there is no release date yet. Nothing has changed on that front, and nothing will change until the devs decide that it's ready to be released. You'd think people would know this after almost four years of waiting for 2.1. If you want reliable information about 2.1, read this article and ignore anything else that people tell you (unless they're devs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back