[Open Assets] Bonus Stage - Proof of Concept (sc_bonusstage.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
The only broken thing I see with Shadow is that he becomes visible again after jumping into the sparkles. This doesn't affect Silver, or any other character as far as I can tell.

The only problem I saw with Silver was a warning that appeared when I loaded into the bonus stage:

WARNING: ./Characters/Silver.wad|LUA_SSIN:189: attempt to compare number with nil

My Silver.wad was last updated on May 11th, so I'm not sure whether I have the latest version or not.

Regardless, these seem more like character issues than issues with the Bonus Stage. If you could give me more details about what problems you're seeing, I might be able to help more.

With Shadow, the Bonus Stage is unplayable like an broken level on Doom. With Silver, his script can... Break? anyways, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isjgc0oX0s

Telling me "It's broken" isn't very descriptive. Aside from the two problems I mentioned in my previous post, everything is working fine for me. You need to give me more details about what is happening if you want me to fix whatever it is you're seeing.

Modification makers are not expected to maintain compatibility with other addons, with the more complicated script assuming culpability - which is typically custom characters. You'd best ask Lat and Speedwagon to fix any potential conflicts, rather than pestering FuriousFox about it.

Also, as he said - your error description is extremely vague, and you can't expect anyone to know what you're talking about if you don't give specifics.

The Silver error is not caused by your bonus stage but by my scripting skills (it's an error from the script that is used to display Super Frames). Apologies for that lol. However, I can't see any problem with Shadow, I just tested it out of curiosity and it all worked alright.

I wonder if Sonic 3 & Knuckles Giant Rings as a method for entering Special Stages could work with this?

There's an issue. I know it's a WIP but just in case this gets finished, here it is: when getting an emerald token and collecting 50 rings, the starpost teleports you to the Special Stage, then the Bonus Stage.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back