The SRB2 Message Board's Attachment System doesn't like local file uploading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSG3

Oh, THAT Youtuber...
Just getting it out there

So yeah, i've been trying to upload a file into the submissions form via the attachment system (the majority, if not all, of the Judges/Moderators and admins know which file it was and that i was doing everything i can to upload it), but no matter what i do, it fails without any error code apart from "Upload of file failed."

I've tried with every browser, be it Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer, yet it still fails. Could someone find out a reason behind this and, if any, the solution to this problem? I can't rely on dropbox links forever, you know.

EDIT: Found out the problem is trying to upload from local files. Uploading from a URL works perfectly fine. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
It's been happening with me as well. No, it's not breaking the size limit at all. It just loads and then comes up with an error. I have no idea why though.

Yes, definitely MB has an error because I can't upload files.
So i'll upload the files in mega.

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Yes, definitely MB has an error because I can't upload files.
So i'll upload the files in mega.

Would there ask for help from admins, no?

Admins can upload attachments for you, especially if you have a mod in submissions that needs an attachment. (ain't gonna spoil what i've got in the submissions, though) *cough*Mega Mushroom*cough*

Made an edit to my OP. Seems like the problem occurs only with local files. Files uploaded through URLs still work normally.

I can definitely say it's causing me a big one here. Heck. I'm actually just trying to submit something and links seem to come up as invalid file. What did you use to host the file for it to go through?

I used dropbox to upload my files from it's URL. To do that, you need do change the www.dropbox.com to dl.dropbox.com and remove the ?dl=0 from the end of the link (the shared links are a perfect example of this)

What if you had to submit a mod or something for Releases section, Would you still use Dropbox ? .

When i post my wad in submissions it says that my submission cant be processed because a security token was missing, but i tryed using a local attachment and URL but the same thing happens, not sure what to do.

Last edited:
I also am trying to upload via links, and neither that nor local upload is working, so submissions are effectively impossible right now.

Last edited:
We definitely had a few bugs, but thanks to some obnoxious debugging we think it should be working now. If you're still having problems, please speak up because we'd like to try to get these bugs nailed down.

All this obnoxious debugging has spooked me for life :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back