SA/SA2 Styled Wizard Sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow5561

I downloaded the Wizard Sonic and to be honest I like the Modern Sonic more then the classic fat Sonic with SRB2 Sonic animations that you get with Wizard Sonic. I started editing the model to be more Modern Sonic like. I changed the model abit and some of the animations. I kept some of the animations the way they were because they looked close enough to the SA/SA2 stlye. Keep in mind this is my first model edit so don't expect it to be perfect.

V1 Pictures:

srb2win2008-08-0311-14-24-56.jpg

srb2win2008-08-0311-14-29-75.jpg

srb2win2008-08-0311-17-23-31.jpg

V2 Pictures:

srb2win2008-08-0411-29-36-06.jpg

srb2win2008-08-0411-29-57-65.jpg

Credits:
Skin - Lighdasher and Sky Ninja
Original Model - SSNTails ported by Sky Ninja

Instructions to use model (for the people who still don't know):

1. Put the md2.dat in your SRB2 directory folder.

2. Put the MD2 folder in your SRB2 directory folder.

3. Put the SRB2Net in your SRB2 directory folder (included in download).

4. Double-click the SRB2Net in your directory folder to activate it then click the Main Options on the left side.

5. Check "OpenGL Mode" (Make sure your computer supports Open GL).

6. Click RUN.

7. Once your in SRB2 click ` to bring down the console and type "GR_MD2 1" (Don't type the ") then click Enter.

8. Click Sonic at the character selection and when you start the game you should have the model instead of the 2D Sonic.

download link for V1: http://files.filefront.com/SA+SA2+styled+Sonic+for+SRB2/;11342223;/fileinfo.html

download lnk for V2:
http://files.filefront.com/SA+SA2+styled+Sonic+V2/;11356230;/fileinfo.html

NOTE: V2 is more like SA and SA2 but for his running he has one or two streched verticles. I can't fix the streched verticles without destroying the arms.

You'll notice some grey spots on Sonic and I don't know what they are. I think they might be untextured spots. Keep in mind I only edited Sonic and not Super Sonic.

I have permission to post this.
Proof:
Sky Ninja said:
Go for it. I don't care. Edit away, it's fine.
and I have permission to edit light dashers skin with the model.
More proof:
light dasher said:
ehhhhhhhh sure go ahead

PS: Yay for my first post in months!

Silent_Snipe said:
This is only a skin edit which isnt even yours, therefor you get no credit.

WRONG!

Original model:
srb2win2008-08-0312-02-35-98.jpg

New model:
srb2win2008-08-0311-14-24-56.jpg

Animations have been changed too. Try it and you'll see differences between the two.

OK, tested it and the running frames shouldn't sonic lean more forward, also the Walking frames seem the same for me

Silent_Snipe said:
OK, tested it and the running frames shouldn't sonic lean more forward, also the Walking frames seem the same for me

Crap, lol. I forgot to make Sonic lean forward, oh well no big loss (I think). The walking frames weren't massively edited but they were edited, mostly the arms.

Your grey problem is from deleting some faces from the sides of his body, which now you see into his body where there's no textures, you might wanna refix it somehow.

*sigh* It's like I said, Sky Ninja created a monster, no more recolouring hundreds of sprites, you just have to change one damn texture. -_-"

Cue said:
*sigh* It's like I said, Sky Ninja created a monster, no more recolouring hundreds of sprites, you just have to change one damn texture. -_-"

Your being like Silent_Snipe :/. I changed the model and animations not just the skin. Did you even look at my post when I compared the original Wizard Sonic to this one?

Silent_Snipe said:
Also what about his hands been open in the running frames.

I have to thank you. I've been working on a mod that is going to be completely 3D and I want Sonic to be close enough to the SA/SA2 stlye since I like how he looks best in those games. I'm not a perfectionist so since you found all these little details that I didn't bother to look for I can now get him perfect (not the model perfect but the animations). Thank you :D!

Senku Niola said:
Yor grey problem is from deleting some faces from the sides of his body, which now you see into his body where there's no textures, you might wanna refix it somehow.

I don't exactly know how to fix that but thanks to you know I know how to not make more gray spots on Sonic in the future.

EDIT: I opened his hands up in the running frames it looked HORRIBLE. *sigh* Now I have to go detail his hands abit to make it look better. I'm also thinking of detailing up the model more to make it even close to the SA and SA2 models.

EDIT 2: Sonic is now taller and in his running animations his hands are open and his body tilts forward.

Update: I have posted V2 of the model. I mostly edited the running and for people it could look better or worst. Better for the people that don't mind a few streched verticles and Worst for the people that want it to be perfect.

Great job! I love it... just plain love it. 5 stars. 100%. A+++++. :)

Just one problem...

See his stomach?

eww...

happens with any skin...

Hyper Shadonic thing said:
Just one problem...

See his stomach?

eww...

happens with any skin...
He just needs to move the poly's around with the object and that should move the skin (or whatever there called, i dont model but i have messed around with it =P)

Silent_Snipe said:
Just one problem...

See his stomach?

eww...

happens with any skin...
He just needs to move the poly's around with the object and that should move the skin (or whatever there called, i dont model but i have messed around with it =P)

I've moved the verticles but never the poly's before. I better start doing that.

Also, if you look at the left or right side of Sonic, you can see right through him.

Also, if you look at the left or right side of Sonic, you can see right through him.

That's odd also. I look at the left and right and I don't see through him.

Shadow5561 said:

That's odd also. I look at the left and right and I don't see through him.
Thats a problem with the texture going around the model, maybe you need to fill some color in here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back