This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider the fact that any images in a wad file are stored as completely uncompressed bitmaps: without being zipped, it would take considerably longer for users to download, and it would waste a lot of SRB2.org's bandwidth. This website's internet connection isn't free, after all.
Hahaha, what bandwidth costs, hahha...
And if you need to compress WADs, why not use wadzip?

Just requiring people to zip the files is easier as it's something everyone in our community understands.

Conflict with another mod or not, I try to make SkyLua as compatible to everything as possible, and thus, it has been fixed.
Along with this, SkyLua is now compatible with hyperv2.lua's hyper transformation and other mods that require use of the super transformation states, and in the rare case that you are forced into your super form while already in your super form, more circling Chaos Emearlds won't spawn.

Thanks for listening to me! And also, I like that you changed your profile pic to Ciel. I LOVE MegaMan!

SkyLua v6.2 is out.

Changed! Updated some internal code to be more efficient.
Changed! Some internal code for the HUD has been improved.
Changed! The off/on text is now yellow in the menu to match the vanilla menu layout a bit more.
Changed! Instructions for the control of the menu have been added into the informational bar when you pull up the menu.
Changed! Burst Step's slight leap height has been increased.
Changed! You can now use your character ability after using Telekinesis or Magnetic Pull.

Fixed! An issue where you couldn't control your character after using Burst Step while spinning has been fixed.
Fixed! A graphical issue with your ability being locked while underwater showing the Burst Step's cooldown has been fixed.

Last edited:
I liked this wad, but it would be better if the chaos emeralds would not become visible when we become SUPER.

it disturbs me a little in view of the character.

I feel like this script would benefit from adding the ability to toggle certain features on or off based on personal preferences. It currently adds a lot of things to the game and not all of them are desirable to everyone as you can see just from the most recent posts alone.

SkyLua v6.3 has been released. Thanks for the feedback!

Changed!
The afterimages when thokking/spindashing have been changed to be a lot more subtle.

New! The Options menu has been revamped. Now there are two submenus: Abilities and Chaos Emeralds Effects. The Abilities submenu holds the options for the Ability UI and and Ability Lock, while the Chaos Emeralds Effects submenu holds brand new options for adjusting the Chaos Emeralds as you like them (on, off, fade options).

Fixed! Knuckles will stop to unleash the Super Nuke ability while gliding now.
Fixed! FSonic can now use his dash ability with SkyLua. However, he's still not affected by the Stats Randomizer beyond his dash's top speed due to his coding.

Last edited:
Could you add an option to allow ring weapons in Singleplayer (similar to permguns script)?

Used this today and really enjoyed it, i love stuff that makes games like those more sandbox-y

SHADOW! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!

Ok so what happens here is with Shadow and SkyLua 6.3 is that whenever Shadow breaks a monitor with his homing attack, he gets launched (How far, long, and high he gets launched depends on the angle of the homing attack into the monitor) and his primary ability is replaced temporarily with a strong "thok" of sorts.

I say "thok" because it doesn't make a sound, and it's slightly stronger. Plus you can use it two times, but that's because it runs off of the teleport's two uses I guess. In Multiplayer it causes a bit of sync trying to fix itself.

If not for the sync, it'd be really fun to mess around with.

SHADOW! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND?!

Ok so what happens here is with Shadow and SkyLua 6.3 is that whenever Shadow breaks a monitor with his homing attack, he gets launched (How far, long, and high he gets launched depends on the angle of the homing attack into the monitor) and his primary ability is replaced temporarily with a strong "thok" of sorts.

I say "thok" because it doesn't make a sound, and it's slightly stronger. Plus you can use it two times, but that's because it runs off of the teleport's two uses I guess. In Multiplayer it causes a bit of sync trying to fix itself.

If not for the sync, it'd be really fun to mess around with.
I honestly have zero idea why in the world that's happening since SkyLua doesn't mess with abilities nor does anything too special with monitors, but shadow.wad seems to be a bit out of date considering once you start spindashing, it throws out an error.

Anyhow, SkyLua v6.4 has been released! Fairly major update, let me know if you find any bugs or quirks or have any feedback.

Changed! The player name color texts coding have been optimized.
Changed! You will do a jump when you're hit while having the Force Shield in addition to having zero knockback.
Changed! Instead of using the Mario mode fireballs, Burst Step will use regular flames and leaves some flames behind.
Changed! Optimized some menu and general code.
Changed! Optimized a lot of the HUD code.
Changed! The About section of the menu now displays the SRB2 version you are running.
Extra Ability Change! spawnmobj's coding has been optimized, and the text that gets sent when you spawn the object has been cleaned up.

New! Collecting a ring will reduce your ability cooldown by 1/1000th. Doesn't sound like a lot at first, but it does add up if you collect lines of rings!
New! The ability icon will now flash when your ability cooldown is up.
New! The ability text will now fade nicely when toggled on and off instead of just...poofing.
New! New option for the ability interface: you can now choose the size of the ability UI to be compact or normal sized.
New! The Pity Shield now has an ability: Back Escape! Charges super fast with a 15 second cooldown. Launches your character backwards into the air, even if you're in the air already.
New! Fire Flower now has an ability: Flame Drop! Charges normally with a 45 second cooldown. Drops fireballs in a line in front of you that last for 20 seconds, damaging enemies. Additional note: Shield powers take priority over Fire Flower.

New spawnmobj Parameters! spawnmobj now has two new parameters you can specify: <all?> and <times>. If you specify yes for <all?>, it will spawn the object for every player in cases where you want to give something to everyone! Like shields, rings, a Fire Flower, or give everyone their own personal Egg Mobile boss to fight. For <times>, you can specify the number of times to spawn that object. For example, you can input 50 into <times> to spawn rings 50 times to get 50 rings! You can combine this with <all?> and it's essentially setrings for anything you want.

New spawnmobj format: spawnmobj <mobj> <x offset> <y offset> <z offset> <x momentum> <y momentum> <z momentum> <scale> <all?> <times>

Fixed! Fixed a graphical issue with Water Dash showing Burst Step's cooldown while it was locked.
Fixed! The Custom Button 1 text is more aligned now.

Download is in the first post as usual.

Here we go, an update after more than a year! To v7.0 we go.

Changed! Force Shield's Telekinesis ability now doubles the strength of the knockback power when you've lost one of the two protective hits, but it also halves its range.
Changed! Back Escape has been renamed to Retreat Leap.
Changed! Retreat Leap's cooldown has been reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
Changed! Retreat Leap's gauge fill color has been changed to be more closer to the shield color.
Changed! The HUD code has been optimized once again.
Changed! The Fire Flower icon has been given a more unique look.
Changed! The Ability UI now fades in when you get a shield or powerup instead of just instantly popping in.
Changed! The Gauge UI now fades in when you get a shield or powerup instead of just instantly popping in.
Changed! The menu now fades in when you toggle it instead of just instantly popping in.
Changed! The menu has received a SIGNIFICANT overhaul and optimization.
Changed! Unselectable menu items (such as if you're not admin and attempting to change an admin option) are now greyed out and unselectable.
Changed! movemap has been improved. You can now specify map destinations with the map prefix like the map command takes. Of course, you can still specify it without the map prefix as before.
Changed! spawnmobj has been simplified. New format: spawnmobj <mobj> <distance offset> <height offset> <momentum> <vertical momentum> <scale> <times>
Changed! Stats Randomizer has been simplified into randomizing just speed and acceleration. No more of the initial and overall acceleration; just acceleration.
Changed! Stats Randomizer now has its own randomization menu under Extra Abilities > Stats Randomizer > Stats Randomization Menu, where you can increase the ring consumption of the randomizer to get better stats!
Changed! Stats Randomizer's coding and console output has been improved.

New! You can now adjust transparency values in the SkyLua menu! Just open up the menu and toggle the respective transparency options for the Ability UI, Gauge UI, and more.
New! You can now navigate the SkyLua menu by using the arrow keys like a regular menu, as well as toggle options by pressing left or right!
New! The getemeralds and forcesuper commands now have an additional (optional!) parameter of specifying a node of a player to give Chaos Emeralds to or to force into Super. e.g. getemeralds 2 will give the Chaos Emeralds to node 2 only, likewise with forcesuper. You can also use this node specification feature in the SkyLua menu.
New! You can now use the movemap and spawnmobj commands in the menu, with the ability to adjust their options, and with lists of maps and objects built into SkyLua.
New! The menu now displays descriptions of the currently selected menu item.
New! When starting a stage, a notification will appear telling you that pressing and holding Custom Button 3 will bring up the SkyLua menu.
New! When holding down Custom Button 3, a notification will appear telling you that you're activating the SkyLua menu. (Notifications can be disabled in the SkyLua Menu > Options!)
New Extra Ability! I have added the "Die Teleport" function from my old SkyServ mod as a new Extra Ability. With it enabled, when anyone dies, everyone's positions will be scrambled (basically activates the Teleporter monitor effect everytime someone dies). Have fun with that!

Fixed! A minor text issue in spawnmobj (it was saying "1 times") has been corrected.
Fixed! Back Escape should now consistently work.
Fixed! Fixed a bug with ring ability cooldown reductions not working properly sometimes.

As you can see, the main focus of this update was improving the menu.

With all the changes in this update, now all of the SkyLua commands and options now have their own places in the menu, so you no longer need to bother with the console if you don't want to. Of course, the console commands are still there for you to use, but I'd recommend using the menu.

Here's some GIFs of the new command integrations into the menu:

afFcP9R.gif

9qlzUys.gif
Enjoy! The download is in the first post as always.

Last edited:
Here we go, an update after more than a year! To v7.0 we go.

Changed! Force Shield's Telekinesis ability now doubles the strength of the knockback power when you've lost one of the two protective hits, but it also halves its range.
Changed! Back Escape has been renamed to Retreat Leap.
Changed! Retreat Leap's cooldown has been reduced from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.
Changed! Retreat Leap's gauge fill color has been changed to be more closer to the shield color.
Changed! The HUD code has been optimized once again.
Changed! The Fire Flower icon has been given a more unique look.
Changed! The Ability UI now fades in when you get a shield or powerup instead of just instantly popping in.
Changed! The Gauge UI now fades in when you get a shield or powerup instead of just instantly popping in.
Changed! The menu now fades in when you toggle it instead of just instantly popping in.
Changed! The menu has received a SIGNIFICANT overhaul and optimization.
Changed! Unselectable menu items (such as if you're not admin and attempting to change an admin option) are now greyed out and unselectable.
Changed! movemap has been improved. You can now specify map destinations with the map prefix like the map command takes. Of course, you can still specify it without the map prefix as before.
Changed! spawnmobj has been simplified. New format: spawnmobj <mobj> <distance offset> <height offset> <momentum> <vertical momentum> <scale> <times>
Changed! Stats Randomizer has been simplified into randomizing just speed and acceleration. No more of the initial and overall acceleration; just acceleration.
Changed! Stats Randomizer now has its own randomization menu under Extra Abilities > Stats Randomizer > Stats Randomization Menu, where you can increase the ring consumption of the randomizer to get better stats!
Changed! Stats Randomizer's coding and console output has been improved.

New! You can now adjust transparency values in the SkyLua menu! Just open up the menu and toggle the respective transparency options for the Ability UI, Gauge UI, and more.
New! You can now navigate the SkyLua menu by using the arrow keys like a regular menu, as well as toggle options by pressing left or right!
New! The getemeralds and forcesuper commands now have an additional (optional!) parameter of specifying a node of a player to give Chaos Emeralds to or to force into Super. e.g. getemeralds 2 will give the Chaos Emeralds to node 2 only, likewise with forcesuper. You can also use this node specification feature in the SkyLua menu.
New! You can now use the movemap and spawnmobj commands in the menu, with the ability to adjust their options, and with lists of maps and objects built into SkyLua.
New! The menu now displays descriptions of the currently selected menu item.
New! When starting a stage, a notification will appear telling you that pressing and holding Custom Button 3 will bring up the SkyLua menu.
New! When holding down Custom Button 3, a notification will appear telling you that you're activating the SkyLua menu. (Notifications can be disabled in the SkyLua Menu > Options!)
New Extra Ability! I have added the "Die Teleport" function from my old SkyServ mod as a new Extra Ability. With it enabled, when anyone dies, everyone's positions will be scrambled (basically activates the Teleporter monitor effect everytime someone dies). Have fun with that!

Fixed! A minor text issue in spawnmobj (it was saying "1 times") has been corrected.
Fixed! Back Escape should now consistently work.
Fixed! Fixed a bug with ring ability cooldown reductions not working properly sometimes.

As you can see, the main focus of this update was improving the menu.

With all the changes in this update, now all of the SkyLua commands and options now have their own places in the menu, so you no longer need to bother with the console if you don't want to. Of course, the console commands are still there for you to use, but I'd recommend using the menu.

Here's some GIFs of the new command integrations into the menu:

afFcP9R.gif

9qlzUys.gif
Enjoy! The download is in the first post as always.

Awesome!!!!
I actually used this wad mostly as a way to turn Tails and Knuckles super in single player, but still had a kick out of using the differing gimmicks! :P

The menu is broken now when there are multiple people on a server. When one person opens the menu, the whole server controls it.

The menu is broken now when there are multiple people on a server. When one person opens the menu, the whole server controls it.
Oops, I should've tested the revised local menu structure in multiplayer. Thanks for reporting that bug. Guess it's back to the menu being part of the player structure.

SkyLua v7.0.1 has been released.

Fixed! Fixed an issue where the menu would be completely synced together when there is more than one player.

The download is available in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back