• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

KIMOKAWAIII Is My Origin, KIMOKAWAIII Always Waits And Is Intensely Interested

I will be streaming map creation around this time tomorrow. I hope it will inspire some of you.

Because I am THE KING OF PROCRASTINATION!™, I am going to try my damnedest to try to work on a level on this, despite not even making a simple map before.

Happy birthday salt! Everytime you announces a new episode for this wonderful project I'm getting really hyped! I wish for all the mappers that participate this the best!

I guess it's my time to shine. But for my level I won't use slopes just to be unique. I'll try my best though!

Hey Salt, here’s a suggestion to encourage feedback:

Maybe you guys could offer some kind of “top critic” award within the forums? It would go to the person who reviewed all the maps first, or most extensively, or most helpfully or something. The SUGOI series has kinda become the new OLDC and even though the objectives are different, there’s still not much feedback for the mappers, new and old, who are entering their work.

Last edited:
wow it seems like sugoi 2 just came out last month or something

Serious question: Are modules seriously the only way to use custom music for this project? I'm not gonna be upset if that's absolutely the case, I'm just wondering because I thought OGGs were pretty low in file size as well.

Actually, my level will be an escape from a mechanical factory with every type of water you can go in.

I have finished my Level for this map pack!

If needed (Majorly), you can polish it so it's better.

I'm pretty much new to level editing ok?

Attachments

• scr_sugoi3kawaii_waterescape.zip
    36 MB · Views: 209
I had to edit somethings with the music because it replaces MAP03. I have fixed it to use MAPES.

Still, polish it if majorly needed.

Attachments

• scr_sugoi3kawaii_waterescape.zip
    36 MB · Views: 227
Every vanilla character can beat Water Factory Zone.

Attachments

• srb20073.png
    srb20073.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 337
  • srb20074.png
    srb20074.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 322
  • srb20075.png
    srb20075.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 352
you still have at least 3.5 weeks to work on your stage you know. I'll take a look at the stage when I get home, but I suspect already that it may need more than a little polish.

And for future reference, try editing your post instead of multi-posting.

I had to edit somethings with the music because it replaces MAP03. I have fixed it to use MAPES.

Still, polish it if majorly needed.

Ok I played your level and here's what I have to say about it.

1. You're using a 30m extension OGG of the Egg Golem music from Sa2 as your music for this level. Not only does it not fit the level for what it is, but it bloats the file size. Especially for a sub 10 second level. Which brings me to my next point.

2. The level is way too short. It's beatable in under 10 seconds. It's also really cramped.

3. You've put way too many Thing Type 901 Alarms. AND they're all right next to each other. That destroys the ears and speakers. Please do not do that.

That would be perfectly fine, as long as it's in the correct format.

Got a theme, got some ideas, will fully decorate later. Making gameplay for now.

Attachments

• srb20197.png
    srb20197.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 351
  • srb20198.png
    srb20198.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 403

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back