• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lach's Lua Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

he/him
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Judge
About time I started one of these editing threads.

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20398.gif
    srb20398.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 9,902
I'm trying to keep as much of this mod a surprise as possible, but I can't leave this thread totally barren of information.

In SRB2 Odyssey, your character is stripped of their primary ability and the spin dash. Instead, you'll have to use well-timed chain jumps and a slide to navigate the campaign levels! The goal is to collect Power Moons scattered around the campaign levels in order to progress. (The white HUD element in the top left of your screen shows you how many moons are in a level, though the gif downscaling makes it look very weird. I've yet to decide the specific end condition for beating a level. I'll share more details on the Power Moons once I've decided.) There are also NPCs placed here and there that will be happy to share useful information with you. Take a look for yourself below!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20401.gif
    srb20401.gif
    1 MB · Views: 2,684
  • srb20403.gif
    srb20403.gif
    3 MB · Views: 2,522
Last edited:
If I may, I do have two suggestions if they aren't already planned/implemented. I feel like it would be better if you add a roll and make the triple jump display the spinning animations about 10 frames after the third jump.

Today I'm going to talk about throwing Cappy!

attachment.php

There are a number of gifs included in this post, so I've enclosed the information here for your consumption:
As in Super Mario Odyssey, you can capture enemies (and some other objects!) by tossing the cap at them using the Ring Toss key. (If you don't use a mouse or are playing as a character who also utilizes Ring Toss in their moveset, you can remap this command to one of several other buttons.) However, there are a couple of other perks that make tossing Cappy around extremely fun!

Tossing Cappy at rings will pick them up for you. This can be handy especially if you've just been hurt and need to pick up your lost rings quickly! Cappy also breaks any monitors that he comes into contact with.

attachment.php

With good timing and placement, you can bounce on top of Cappy! It's not particularly useful since the Triple Jump far outshines it in terms of both performance and ease of use, but it was a much-requested feature, and it's pretty heckin fun. If you're falling, you'll also regain the ability to destroy enemies out of the bounce. (I may increase the bounce height in the future to make it more useful.)

attachment.php

I've given many skin colors a default Cappy color to go with them, but if you don't like it you can change its color using the console!

attachment.php

There'll be certain times in the mod where capturing enemies will be necessary for collecting Power Moons or defeating bosses. Keep your eyes open during the levels and think about how you can use an object's skills to your advantage!

Attachments

• srb20424.gif
    srb20424.gif
    6 MB · Views: 2,839
  • srb20423.gif
    srb20423.gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,054
  • srb20425.gif
    srb20425.gif
    4 MB · Views: 1,868
  • srb20426.gif
    srb20426.gif
    451 KB · Views: 2,257
Hey, remember this?

The code in that mod kind of sucks, which makes sense as it was pretty much my first substantial standalone script, so I've been looking for a reason to update it.

I'd say the 2.2 trailer answered my call pretty sufficiently. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20595.gif
    srb20595.gif
    3 MB · Views: 1,697
  • srb20594.gif
    srb20594.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 1,656
  • srb20596.gif
    srb20596.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,714
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back