Sometimes Wad Downloading Fails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-BOIZ(aka_Doomguy64)

Playing Doom II Or Idk
Guys Help Me Sometimes Wad Downloading Stops From Unknown Reason Help Me (This Happens On Servers That Must Have Downloaded Recommended Wad's)

SRB2 isn't very great at downloading most .wad files from servers. Your best bet is to keep trying.

Ingame downloading has been always buggy, even Googling for the wads may sometimes lead you for older versions or different versions from the wads used in the server you're trying to join, It needs an overhaul, or possibly be replaced by external file downloading tools such as ... say Doomseeker .

We already have Doomseeker support, what we really need is a proper junk site for SRB2 wads only, instead of throwing them on the cluttered wad junk sites for other Doom-based mods.

Barely anybody checks that forum for Doomseeker, it should be bundled with SRB2 Installer or at least be made obvious, doesn't matter if SRB2 wads are uploaded to Dogsoft or similar sites, as long as it works and is easy to use .

In-game .WAD, .SOC, and .LUA file downloading has always been sort of up and down (that's my experience at least). It works one time and doesn't the next. Like Fres said, your best chance with in-game downloading is to keep trying until EVENTUALLY it gives in and lets you download said file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back