Net Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdqwe

Guys i need help.I can`t join net games.I can see the servers when i type "LISTSERV" but when i go to Join Server it doesn`t show them.Here are some pictures

It could have something to do with the fact that you're using OpenGL, which is unsupported in SRB2. Try using Software mode instead.

DarkKitsune said:
It could have something to do with the fact that you're using OpenGL, which is unsupported in SRB2. Try using Software mode instead.
I highly doubt that's the problem...

Those will be people who are hosting but don't have their ports forwarded correctly. The games aren't joinable.

DarkKitsune said:

OpenGL doesn't make any difference, it's only unsupported because you need a pretty decent GPU to run it (and it's buggy)

...It's only unsupported because it's so buggy, SSNTails' choice.
Btw, the renderer (Software, OpenGL) doesn't make _any_ different to netgames. Heck, they're not even related to netgames.

You are going to have to use the "Connect" command in the console if you want to connect to a server if there are no servers showing in the Join Server (Search) screen.

DarkKitsune said:
That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

OpenGL's unsupported message is useless and should be disregarded for anyone with a computer newer than Windows 95.

Vash said:
If this is happening, it's because no one is hosting their netgames on the Master Server.
They were shown by listserv, so clearly, they are. If they don't show up on the Master Server list, then there's a 90% chance that they can't be joined.

I'm guessing one of two options: either you aren't using the correct version of srb2 (or perhaps a modified version such as srb2JTE), or something is wrong with your internet connection. If you don't have a router, that may be the problem, but I'm an amateur at this stuff anyway, so I wouldn't really know.

ree-c said:
...It's only unsupported because it's so buggy, SSNTails' choice.
Btw, the renderer (Software, OpenGL) doesn't make _any_ different to netgames. Heck, they're not even related to netgames.

I have heard that only occurs with Vertical Synchronization (VSync) being turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back