[Open Assets] Blecch Bouncer V2.1 (blecchbouncer_v2.1.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
For the first time ever, I've decided to try my hand at SOCmaking. Here's the result of my experiments: the Blecch Bouncer!

zx016q.png

This is an all-new, custom enemy that would be at home in any factory or polluted hellscape. It's going to appear in Tortured Planet, but I also give the SRB2 community my permission to use it freely in any project. You don't have to ask me, but I do insist that you give me credit, either as a supporter/coauthor, an acknowledgement in the MAINCFG lump of your WAD, or, ideally, both.

As Morph suggested, here's some general information about the Blecch Bouncer for those who want to use it in their own levels:

• used sprite slot: F001
  • used freestates: 1792-1796, 2000-2003
  • used thing type: 318
  • MAPTHINGNUM = 122
Oh, I almost forgot! I need to tell you what it does...

When the Blecch Bouncer catches sight of the player, it bounces towards them. Every time it hits the ground, it smears slime in the place where it landed, similar to the Egg Slimer. Although it only drops one slimeball, as opposed to the circular spray dropped by the Egg Slimer, slime dropped by the Blecch Bouncer takes twice as long to disappear. You have to hit the Blecch Bouncer twice to destroy it.

In my opinion, this would be a good enemy to use in levels intended for Coop mode...the faster you can destroy it, the less slimeballs will be dropped, and the easier it'll be for players following behind you. Or, you could just lead it all over the room to annoy the other players. Your choice.

The attached WAD includes the SOC, the frames, and a tiny test level. Enjoy!

Attachments

• blecchbouncer_v2.1.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 659
Last edited:
That's a neat little enemy. Maybe my Toxic Warehouse Zone could do with a few of these...

Anyway, good job, I suppose its not bad for a first SOC, but I wouldn't know, having never designed any either.

Sounds awesome. The fact that the slime doesn't disappear will make you wanna destroy it faster.
In my opinion, this would be a good enemy to use in levels intended for Coop mode...the faster you can destroy it, the less slimeballs will be dropped, and the easier it'll be for players following behind you. Or, you could just lead it all over the room to annoy the other players. Your choice.
Like that idea.

Fawfulfan said:
Slime dropped by the Blecch Bouncer never disappears!

Inb4 lag if too many appear and are left alone by reasons unknown.

Unless the slime does disappear at some point, maybe if there's too many?

I don't know of any way to vanish the slime. Can you think of one?

IIRC, the slime's final frame is either -1 tics (as in, forever), or is just a long tic. Try setting that to a shorter number. Or you can just pull that out of Cloud Cradle G, since it has a small bit of SOC information that makes slimeballs disappear after a small bit of time.

Yeah, i'd think it would be nicer to have it drop bubbling acid (SOC'd), along with some extra frames for pumping the acid to the bottom. As for the pillow shading, I'll work on that.

Yeah, i'd think it would be nicer to have it drop bubbling acid (SOC'd), along with some extra frames for pumping the acid to the bottom. As for the pillow shading, I'll work on that.
Well, maybe...but let's just work on it as pumping slime for now. Perhaps a later version can pump acid.

Or you can change the color to purple. *shrug*
That's exactly what I was saying.

Oh, one other thing, Scizor...in your sprite, you forgot the little red alarm light on the Blecch Bouncer's head. But that's easily added in.

Are you planning to create all the sprites? Because then I might consider using them and adding you in as a coauthor.

Why sure, i'd love to.

EDIT: First Rotation complete.
blecchbouncerrotation.png

Well, the diagonal frames' middle section's rotation are a bit overdone, but that's the best I have for the time being.

Last edited:
f001a1.png

Normal

f001c1.png

Pain

blech.gif

GIF'ed (So it looks like it's bouncing.)

blechbounce.png

The area where the slime is held in is made out of glass, which is why some of it is see through.
-----
Gave this a shot, since it only drops slime, the turret thingy on it I though it wasn't needed.

It's edited from the file that contained the sprites, so it shouldn't be that big.

I figure I should change the way they should bounce, because a tiny little spring bounce won't work much.

You know... look closely at it, I need to put a small pipe with a small gap in it so it's connected and so the slime can be flushed out.

Last edited:
Ooh, I like those a lot, SonicX8000. Just finish up the stretched-out rotations and I'll use those.

Also, I kinda preferred the eyes in mine. You know, how they looked angry.

Just a little edit with the eyes you wanted...

f001a1.png

Just need the OK from you then I can get started.

Absolutely. Make all the sprites and send them to me, and I'll update Blecch Bouncer and put you in as coauthor.

Alright, I'll send the file as a WAD with the edited sprites, just give me a few minutes...

Some screenshots, just to show that it works just as it should be.
srb20000.png

srb20001n.png

srb20002m.png

Check you PMs, Fawfulfan, labeled as Blecchbouncerv2.wad, should appear there soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back