Submerged Cavern Zone (R_SubmergedCavern_v1.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise.rain

This level was one of my submissions for the May/June 2009 OLDC. I've converted it to 2.0 and added a few improvements.

Attachments

• SubmergedCavern.zip
    57 KB · Views: 302
  • scz1.png
    scz1.png
    648.3 KB · Views: 363
  • scz2.png
    scz2.png
    549 KB · Views: 352
  • scz3.png
    scz3.png
    658.3 KB · Views: 337
  • scz4.png
    scz4.png
    745.3 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
It all looks fine to me. I'm glad to see you've made some improvements on top of porting the level, they actually do make a difference.

Thing placement is great, the underwater theme has been 100% fitted, this message is not spam, very relaxing, and I might use this on the master server tomorrow.

I thoroughly enjoyed my run around on this level. The theme wasn't at all out of place, it wasn't too cramped, but not huge either.

In terms of game play, I found no immediate issues, seemed to run smoothly. The tendency with water levels is that they slow the player too much, but you've definatly managed to execute this in a manner that doesn't do that. Will of course test this out on the MS when I next get a chance.

Loved the variation of textures for the most part too.

Keep up the good work ;)

----
Okay, managed to get a few mates on the LAN to connect up and we played a few games, including a race round this level. Unfortuanatly, couldn't get a World Wide game going at this time, as people aren't usually up this early ;p

The only real difference between online and playing solo is game play, and how it affects everyone's race. We enjoyed the overall qualities, in particular, the eye candy and the thing placement.

We all pretty much agreed, however, that the level did lack a few rings. With 5 of us all speeding round the same track, we found there wasn't really enough to keep us with a lifeline incase of an encounter with those spikes. Playing as Sonic provided a nice little challenge from my point of view, and I enjoyed furiously trying to avoid falling into the water.

Anyway, without further ado:

[8.4/10] Submerged Cavern Zone

Really enjoyed it, but could use more rings, and should cater a little more for larger racing groups.

Updated with full review from a multiplayer perspective.

~Nyte

Last edited:
Submerged Cavern Zone - 6/10
The textures were good as it fitted the level but the pit, the enemys, the springs on the other side in the water? Was that all nessary? The pit makes it somewhat harder if you were to do a speed attack. In simple words, if you were to mess up, you could end up behind two other speed demonds. The enemy might mess you up if you are a speed demond and you thok right past the rings and the spikes all the time. Hitting a autohit robot would make you start back from the last checkpoint. The springs are usually on the side where you started so you can't be a overpowered character, speed to the other side, and get past someone. Maybe you should change the spring placement, remove the spikes and add more obstacles like make it so you have to jump some carverns if you don't go back to a spring and get back on the main course. The first time I played it, I got a time attack of 17:44 seconds. Clearly you need to make your level somewhat longer. The level needs some more rings in it if you wish to have so many spikes and a pit.

What pit?
There is no enemies in this level.
What springs? In what water area?

Please be more specific. Also it should take you, at least, around 40 seconds to complete this level (that's with 4 laps).

The level really was more designed for classic race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back