So, SA2 and Bayonetta are coming to Xbox One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBreada

Also known as David G.
Although I don't own an Xbox One, this is pretty neat, and I hope anyone with an Xbox One enjoys this games.

What are your thoughts on this?

The unenlightened masses, they cannot make the judgement call

Bayonetta is cool. Sucks for the XBone that it'll never get Bayo 2~
SA2 has always been a fun experience for me. Wonder what other games are gonna get compatibility.

Last edited:
Not to mention getting the original Bayo and none of Bayonetta U's extras. And of course, SA2 isnt gonna have any netplay, or fix any of the game's issues. I don't even know why we bother with SA2, considering it aged about as well as cheese under the couch.

Not to mention getting the original Bayo and none of Bayonetta U's extras. And of course, SA2 isnt gonna have any netplay, or fix any of the game's issues. I don't even know why we bother with SA2, considering it aged about as well as cheese under the couch.

You have a point, but this isn't a rerelease. Not even a port! It's direct backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360 version. We can't have the Wii U become irrelevant either, now can we?

And even though Sonic Adventure 2 aged terribly, at least there's something to quench Xbox One owners' thirst for a Sonic game. :P

shake shake shake

I'd much rather a NEW Sonic game than SA2 to come to XB1, Sega can't really just keep re-releasing the same game and expecting nostalgia to kick in.

Bayonetta is nice, but...you know....Wii U gets a package.

at least there's something to quench Xbox One owners' thirst for a Sonic game. :P

Considering how most Sonic games come out on Nintendo consoles nowadays, I'd be surprised if there's a Sonic fan that does buy an XBox One expecting one. It's usually either multi-platform or Nintendo-exclusive. (Even Generations had a version on the 3DS!)

Sega can't really just keep re-releasing the same game and expecting nostalgia to kick in.
Sure they can. They ported SA1 and the original Sonic to as many systems as they possibly could.

Will it make gamers happy? Unlikely, since as you said people would rather have a new game. Does it make good business sense? If they manage to recoup the cost of porting, why not? You get a release out there without the hassle and cost of making a whole new game.

Having logged over 300 hours of playing Sonic Adventure 2, I can say with complete certainty that it is a steaming pile of horse faeces made on a shoestring budget that probably shouldn't be resold.

At least we'll never again have to deal with the other products of Sonic's dark valley, like Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Genesis GBA.

People will still buy the shit. SA2 gets way more praise than it's ever deserved. Only recently does it seem like the internet is slowly catching on to its utter mediocrity.

Can't speak on behalf of Bayonetta though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back