In the time since launch,
- The trailer has reached 14,000 views
- Vinny from Vinesauce streamed Kart
- My head has exploded from the sheer volume of positive comments from players
Thank you SO MUCH everyone for such a great launch!!

I can't do online mode on this because it'll delete and exits by itself then avg pops on screen says "Scan My PC Now"

Help!!!

Just go to AVG and add the folder SRB2K was installed in as an exception. I had the same issue, but that should do it

Got a slight minor complaint, but it's more with the OP than the wad itself

The record attack song doesn't seem to be credited, which stood out to me since I got pretty hyped when I heard it.
Forget the Hornet, Opel Speedster for Kart when.

BECAUSE ONE OF US IS AN IDIOT AND WE COULD NEVER FIND THE SOURCE DESPITE US PUTTING IT IN ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO
Thank-you for this. As ridiculous as that sounds, yep, shit happens.

on the SRB2 discord, I recently uploaded a wad of maps I'm having trouble getting working.
Glaber Glutch is fine due to a lack of gimmicks
Castletania crashes the game, and Quarts Caverns can't use any floor or ceiling movers

I'm a broken record here, but you guys make some of the most amazing stuff. Congrats on the release!

Been playing this with friends since it came out, so gonna give my two cents I suppose.

At first, I loathed the controls. It felt so...foreign. But you know, I got used to them. I even think they're pretty fun now. Of course, once I got better at them, I started to loathe all the other aspects.

In time trials, the game is undoubtably fun. In online multiplayer, it honestly just feels like an exercise in futility. If you fall behind at all, it becomes nigh impossible to ever have a chance at first place again. This is due to many reasons, starting with:

the blue shell being changed to just be avoidable if you're fast enough. On paper, this sounds like a good idea: reward players who are skilled enough with avoiding it, right? In practice, this usually just amounts to not making any overt mistakes, which isn't hard if you're front running away from the pack. This is even further compounded by...

The pack honestly feels like it's even worse than in normal Mario Kart games. You seem to have reduced red shells and such, but fake item boxes have received an even more devastating effect, removing your item and causing an explosion around you. First place is unlikely to hit these due to being alone, but people in the pack are very liable to run into them thanks to power item usage and having to navigate other players, and all it does is serve to keep the pack even further behind. Speaking of...

Power items feel a lot less useful here. Partially because turning becomes impossible when using them, and partially due to track design. Very few tracks even have frequent off road, with many even incorporating a lot of "out of bounds" with, or instead of, off road, and the few that do you're likely to just mess up turns due to how different your handling becomes when using them, and bump into people as well. Which brings me to my next point...

Bumping into people in Mario Kart isn't an uncommon occurrence, but little comes from it. Both players are just shoved to the side a bit, nothing that can't be handled. But in Kart, both players tend to get absolutely catapulted away in opposite directions, completely screwing over both players. Compound that with power items making handling hard, and the pack is frequently screwing each other over.

And you know what? Maybe each of these points wouldn't be as bad, if it weren't for what is possibly the worst sin...

Still using SRB2's server side networking. Even for normal SRB2 no one wants to use it, it's just tolerated because there's nothing better. I get that this is definitely a hard one to fix, but it really shows its faults in a twitch based racer like this.

Also this last one is less of a criticism and more of an inconsistency that slightly bothers me: why does the mega mushroom not give you off road abilities when all the other similar speed enhancing items do?

TL;DR: offline play is fantastic, online play is miserable.

Thanks for creating this game and sharing it!

Some things i noticed:

The following settings get reset when closing the game:
- Resolution
- OpenGL - Texture Filter
- OpenGL - Anisotrophic

Also, in multiplayer, no matter which room i select, i always get the message "no servers found" even though i gave the game all permissions in the firewall (inbound and outbound).

Hey so is there a option to reset all the controls? I've been trying to setup the game to play with a couple of PS4 controllers and have scrambled the player 1 and player 2 controls beyond recognition. Please send help.

Well, you could delete your kartconfig.cfg file. Granted, that would reset all of your settings, not just your controls.

Recently trying to test a level I wanted to modify for Kart only to get this error when testing.
Code:
Error occured on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 20:40:47.

G:\SRB2\SRB2 Kart\srb2kart.exe caused an Access Violation at location 004e8390 in module G:\SRB2\SRB2 Kart\srb2kart.exe Reading from location 0f68609a.

Registers:
eax=00000004 ebx=0f686088 ecx=00000000 edx=0f683990 esi=0f4d5cf4 edi=10624dd3
eip=004e8390 esp=0028fa80 ebp=000012ca iopl=0         nv up ei ng nz na pe cy
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00010283

Call stack:
004E8390  G:\SRB2\SRB2 Kart\srb2kart.exe:004E8390
004D62C4  G:\SRB2\SRB2 Kart\srb2kart.exe:004D62C4
76BA98DA  C:\Windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll:76BA98DA  free
004D60E7  G:\SRB2\SRB2 Kart\srb2kart.exe:004D60E7

Turns out Kart can't handle map things that don't exist.

Thanks so much for this game, it's incredible! :) Overtakes CTR as my favourite kart racer by way of having 16 player online.

Also, just some points relating to Yacker's post from the other side of the fence...

the blue shell being changed to just be avoidable if you're fast enough. On paper, this sounds like a good idea: reward players who are skilled enough with avoiding it, right? In practice, this usually just amounts to not making any overt mistakes, which isn't hard if you're front running away from the pack.

I think this is better than it not being avoidable.

Power items feel a lot less useful here. Partially because turning becomes impossible when using them, and partially due to track design.

Just use them on straights? Or brake for corners. I don't really get the problem with them.

Bumping into people in Mario Kart isn't an uncommon occurrence, but little comes from it. Both players are just shoved to the side a bit, nothing that can't be handled. But in Kart, both players tend to get absolutely catapulted away in opposite directions, completely screwing over both players. Compound that with power items making handling hard, and the pack is frequently screwing each other over.

I really like how strong this effect is. When I first played I was using Metal Sonic (heaviest) and it's only when I started playing as Shadow I started noticing this. I love the carnage in the middle of the pack when you have loads of players and it's partly caused by this mechanic.

One thing I'd love to see is the ability to have a set number of tracks to play (make a cup, basically) that has an end with a winner declared and then after that, reset everyone back to 0 points and go again. Would be nice to have something to compete for rather than it just go on and on. It has the points system so seems like it has everything in place to do it. Apologies if I'm being a doofus and this already exists lol.

Why are there so many different download links? I don't know which one to use! Not to mention there are like 2 areas of download information. Be nice if that was explained. For now I will randomly pick files until something. Look forward to this interesting game.

Edit: Got it!

Last edited:
After playing this all I can say is that this way too hard and I personally really do not like it. I am always last so yeah for me this sucks. No offense to those who worked hard on it and it does look nice but when you always come last it sucks and yeah.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back