F. Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh, can you make the link to the file a direct download?
I don't want to deal with getting a php.

If you're using IE11, you can add srb2.org to Compatibility View from Tools -> Compatibility View settings. That should fix the php thing.

If you're using any other browser I can't help you, as far as I'm aware it's fine in other browsers. =P

EDIT: Welp ninja'd.

Is it okay that I Prefer 1.9 Sonic Running animation ?, FSonic's Just doesn't make you feel ... fast.

Last edited:
The leaked version shouldn't even still be out there, but I guess there isn't anything that can be done there.

I was involved in tweaking the back angle sprites of running. I did this to closer match AJ's original work (so that it wouldn't be an overwhelming as an outright replacement) and be consistent with the other rotations, which weren't changed between "1.9" and the release. As inspired as the CD-based was, the result didn't work during regular gameplay.

Maybe it should've been kept around for the dashmode, but considering that would have required modifying the feet on the other angles (since they didn't match originally), and Sonic isn't going to use dashmode in 2.2, it wouldn't be worth the effort.

The Back sprite is the only thing that feels odd about it (besides the Dash thing), kind of makes it look like Sonic is trying to run down (because he seems to be looking down) Instead.

He's tilting his head to indicate the effort of running with the CD animation and the other angles as well, that wasn't touched - so I don't know what stands out about that angle's head.

Would it be possible to have an official fix for the unknown sprite frame errors that spam the console with certain (meaning extreme) dashing speeds?

For example, spindashing while having -999 (or 99999999) as both your mindash and maxdash values. Since that's possible to set with Terminal and works for other characters, but spams the whole server's consoles with errors if you're using FSonic.

Terminal's cheats module allows arbitrary changes to game state and no compatibility with other mods, including F the Sonic, should be assumed.

Aw, that sucks. I hope someone ports this wad to 2.2 so we can enjoy the insta-shield

The insta-shield is written mostly in Lua, so it'll probably be really easy to port. Someone will make a replacement file, don't you worry.

F stands for Fantastic in my opinion
Even if it is a simple wad, the work looks so smooth and great
I love the level of detail at these sprites, i'm happy that this was choosen to replace the Old Sonic sprite for 2.2 (Even if i really enjoy the current one)
The only think that bugs me out is Super Sonic tho.
SS hair looks kinda weird looking from behind, but that won't take the fact it still looks amazing
Nice work there.

F stands for Fantastic in my opinion
Even if it is a simple wad, the work looks so smooth and great
I love the level of detail at these sprites, i'm happy that this was choosen to replace the Old Sonic sprite for 2.2 (Even if i really enjoy the current one)
The only think that bugs me out is Super Sonic tho.
SS hair looks kinda weird looking from behind, but that won't take the fact it still looks amazing
Nice work there.

You have to give a look to SS from SH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back