• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
help, im sick and i cant stop sneezing.

As for sprites... I shouldn't even try to touch them.

This is looking really great so far. Does the giant ring have any appearing/disappearing animations for when the exit is in your field of view?

This is looking really great so far. Does the giant ring have any appearing/disappearing animations for when the exit is in your field of view?

Kinda

IcySecondhandBeardedcollie.gif

AcceptableTalkativeHound.gif

This is fantastic. I really love all the changes you made and I can finally play with the JPN soundtrack, whew! I'm thoroughly amazed, Lat, they look great in general. Now when I play SRB2, I can add a hint of Sonic CD. It's actually well-designed and accurate enough for it's merit.
And I can time attack them kind of like I did in Sonic Center, muahaha!

Now when I play SRB2, I can add a hint of Sonic CD. It's actually well-designed and accurate enough for it's merit.

This + SONICCD + Peel-Out - Time travel :( = SRB2DVD & Knuckles

I'm actually super excited to try this out once it's released! Take your time (ha) polishing up whatever still needs to be done; you two are doing awesome so far.

Darn Lat you beat me to it, I wanted to try making something similar. Now all it need's is the sparkle trail sprites when sonic's at maximum speed. I think I can help with that.

I just wanted to ask, Are the signposts are replaced with checkpoints or are they actually a custom object?
--------------------------------------------------------------
It is in fact a custom object that doesn't replace checkpoints.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Also I love how the ring uses that effect.

Last edited:
Before you warp to the future/past shouldn't it show the warp sequence? Also you should use better textures for future because right now it looks like the bland dull shitty CEZ textures. It should look mechanical and evil.

finally play with the JPN soundtrack, whew!

Am I really the only one who likes the USA soundtrack way better than JPN Soundtrack? (except the boss and gameover themes, I hate both of those themes from both of the soundtracks)

Last edited:
Before you warp to the future/past shouldn't it show the warp sequence?

I think that would take too long honestly and probably would be a bitch to code. I would just keep it simple with a flash or something or at least something that keeps the pace going.

Also you should use better textures for future because right now it looks like the bland dull shitty CEZ textures. It should look mechanical and evil.

Also what are placeholders?

Ah, sorry, this post contains no time travel gif / video. :c

It's kinda here to say that sadly the Time Travel cannot really be done in SRB2 due to the map size limitation; hear by that the level needs to be copypasted 3 times (Past, Bad Future and Good Future), while it does work on small maps such as GFZ1, large maps such as THZ2 will not work at all.

tl;dr: SRB2DVD will only have gfz1 as time-travel'able level... at least on the beta.

On the other hand, I still got us something...

Timeflower Zone, Past

Before you warp to the future/past shouldn't it show the warp sequence? Also you should use better textures for future because right now it looks like the bland dull shitty CEZ textures. It should look mechanical and evil.

Placeholders are placeholders.

Am I really the only one who likes the USA soundtrack way better than JPN Soundtrack? (except the boss and gameover themes, I hate both of those themes from both of the soundtracks)
I like both tracks, to be honest. Mostly USA with the exception of Palmtree Panic and Metalic Madness.

I think that would take too long honestly and probably would be a bitch to code. I would just keep it simple with a flash or something or at least something that keeps the pace going.

I think I should find a way to code that, for sure... But I used what MotorRoach suggested, instead, it's way less flowbreaking.

I don't think the original warp sequence from Sonic CD is even needed (nor do I think it was good), but if you want to add a neat effect to the warping transition, you could always do it in good ol' Back to the Future fashion, by making the screen flash three times before Sonic appears in the future/past. Bonus points if you try replicating the sound effect from the movie as well!

Can I still get my bonus points if I use srb2 sfx? =3

Placeholders are placeholders.

I know that those were placeholders. You guys literally told me twice.

I like both tracks, to be honest. Mostly USA with the exception of Palmtree Panic and Metalic Madness.

I always liked the USA soundtrack better and it fits the atmosphere much more. JPN soundtrack sounds like japanese festivals and japanese dance parties.

iirc there was an achievement in Sonic cd pc called "88 miles per hour" as a reference to the movies/game. (Also, if you want the sound effect of the DeLorean, the gta sa mod DeLorean has perfect hd sounds of it)

Anyways, looking forward to this. Hope it's as good as I hope it to be.

I have a question:
will respawning work like in the original e.g. hitting a checkpoint in the present, traveling back in time, dying, and then respawning at the same checkpoint in the past, or will it respawn you at the checkpoint in the present instead?

The moon(?) you're making relies too much on long vertical lines, which doesn't helps the appearance of it at all. You should try go for more circular shapes for the brightening of it

Is this any better?
557372Planet2.png
I know it need's shading, can anyone tell or show me how to shade this well?

Last edited:
SimilarTestyAmericancrocodile.gif

SONIC MADE A GOOD FUTURE IN ZONE 1

...Is there a way to change the result screen text, by the way...?

I left robot death states as animals so you can see they're all dead, but they turn into flowers, now, don't worry :)

iirc there was an achievement in Sonic cd pc called "88 miles per hour" as a reference to the movies/game. (Also, if you want the sound effect of the DeLorean, the gta sa mod DeLorean has perfect hd sounds of it)

Anyways, looking forward to this. Hope it's as good as I hope it to be.

Well... I don't really see myself downloading this just for sfx I'll have to find and all, I think those I use atm are good enough. Also 88 MPH is so slow, c'mon Sonic, you can run a lot faster than that, why does it take so much time for you to time travel! >:c

I have a question:
will respawning work like in the original e.g. hitting a checkpoint in the present, traveling back in time, dying, and then respawning at the same checkpoint in the past, or will it respawn you at the checkpoint in the present instead?

Because of how SRB2 handles it, no.
If you've hit the last starpost in the past, but die in the present, you will still respawn in the past. ...But I think I can make something that teleports you to the timeline you were when you respawn.

Is this any better?
557372Planet2.png

Well, for me, it looks awesome (...everything looks awesome to my eyes since I'm a pretty bad spriter, lol). As for the shading, well I can't really explain, this depends from where the "Light source" comes, if you know what I mean.

Is this any better?
557372Planet2.png

As someone inspiring to astronomy, I like the right one better, as it's more accurate. The shading seems fine as it is, in my eyes; You might want to round out your highlights, though:
umbra.jpg

As for help with additional shading, you could always take a look at a picture of the Earth. Then again, with the art style that Sonic CD portrays, that alone looks fitting.

Last edited:
[GIF]
SONIC MADE A GOOD FUTURE IN ZONE 1

...Is there a way to change the result screen text, by the way...?

I left robot death states as animals so you can see they're all dead, but they turn into flowers, now, don't worry :)

Okay, how will it behave in multiplayer? I mean: If you are in the bad future and some other player destroys the robot teleporter in the past will it teleport the remaining players in the bad future right into the good future without the game freaking out? And will you be able to see the broken teleporter in the present/future like in the original? Talking about time travel in multiplayer: If it realy is possible to play this multiplayer, I would suggest to make each of those signs seperate for each player or make them re-useable after a certain time has passed.

Because of how SRB2 handles it, no.
If you've hit the last starpost in the past, but die in the present, you will still respawn in the past. ...But I think I can make something that teleports you to the timeline you were when you respawn.
I'm not completely sure about that but I think the teleporter remains destroyed after destroying it in the past and then dying and respawning. But yet again I don't know that exactly because it really never happened to me in all those playthroughs I made in Sonic CD. But if it is true this can be also implemented into the respawn code.

And yet another question:
Will there be a hologram of Metal Sonic torturing innocent animals that can be destroyed as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back