Unreleased Sonic Game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualNick

When the Gamecube was the main console I bought a game called Sonic Mega Collection. After messing around with various old sonic games I found something called movies in the options. When watching the movies I found a strange game... It was a 3D sonic game that included Sonic and Tails in a colorful world that reminded me of spyro(I didn't have the game at the time). There was a flat bridge, in the distance there were various castles, sonic could fly using tails in a slow moving easy to control way, the camera reminded me of SADX(Which I had at the time), there were doted rings in the sky(I now know that they are from nights), and the sky was tinted from blue to purple. I actually left the movie in the middle of it to see if the game was in the list(I didn't know about unlockables yet :P) but the game wasn't there. The only 3d game that I found was Sonic 3d Blast and I hated it. When I went back to the movie list it was gone :(. It was replaced with a SA2B preview. Later I broke my Sonic Mega Collection and got a new one. This time it didn't have a preview of the mysterious Sonic game. Much Later when I got a Wii I searched the retro games for it but I never found it(I did download SM64 so one good thing came out of it). I haven't really thought about the game that much until now. Has anyone heard of this game?

Last edited:
I'll copy what was posted over on the Skybase for reference.

Sky The Destroyer said:
I believe that's Sonic Jam's Sonic World.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRj9snhjjrg

Is that it? If it is, that game is for the SEGA Saturn. It's not an unreleased game.

Rex said:
That's definitely Sonic Jam. You probably saw the Sonic World, as mentioned above. The Sonic World was the sort of 'hub' for the game, where you could collect rings and stuff. But you could read game manuals and play Genesis games in the Games area.

You might have seen that little movie on the 'Sonic History' movie. (I don't remember what it's called, my Mega Collection copy broke years ago.) But it showed all of Sonic's titles in the years up to that point.

Shuffle wasn't featured in Mega Collection, though.
Yeah that's right, but Nick did say it that "the model was similar to an early version of the Dreamcast SADX sonic model", therefore my first assumption was Shuffle. Now I have no idea what this game is and if it even exists.

Maybe it's the mode in one of the nights games that let you play as Sonic?
EDIT: He said nothing about the model looking like SADX.
Gah, cross forum posting...here:

SRB2-NICK on the Skybase said:
Nope its not Sonic Jam. The Model was similar to an early version of the dreamcast Sadx sonic model. Also the game had tails in it.

EDIT in response to Sonic 3D Blast: Hm, that could be it...

Last edited:
Ok it its not sonic jam. I'll use the doombuilder to whip up a copy of what I saw and maybe you can tell me what stage it was if it exists.

Ok it its not sonic jam. I'll use the doombuilder to whip up a copy of what I saw and maybe you can tell me what stage it was if it exists.

That's a good idea. If you can replicate it well that could help us even more. Take your time making it, nobody is rushing you here.

Better idea. You said this was Sonic Mega Collection; why not just find the video on YouTube? It's almost a given that somebody's ripped every video file from that game and put it up on there.

It looked a lot like that... Maybe it is Sonic Jam but I just couldn't tell because it's been such a long time since i'v seen it.

It looked a lot like that... Maybe it is Sonic Jam but I just couldn't tell because it's been such a long time since i'v seen it.

I'm pretty sure it's Sonic Jam. He's as shiny as he is in SADX, so, yeah...
The camera also kinda looks like SADX, and you also can see Tails flying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back