Time Dominator 1st energy meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lactozilla

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
b8dYeYo.png

The player's energy decreases as time passes. To stay alive, collect rings (includes ring boxes) or touch a starpost.

Attachments

• EagerSparseCoqui.gif
    EagerSparseCoqui.gif
    7 MB · Views: 667
  • VacantDelightfulGoitered.gif
    VacantDelightfulGoitered.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 714
  • socket.zip
    134.6 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
It's the super sonic challenge without super sonic. Nice, i really like it

My complaints: Energy meter shows up in nights stages, Ring boxes should give you 10 rings worth of energy

Last edited:
I like how you changed the level complete screen. How did you do that?

Before the exit counter variable goes to zero, call the new level complete screen code, which forces the counter to freeze.

Code:
if player.exiting == 10
   [...]
   intermission = true
   [...]
end

if intermission == true
   [...]
   player.exiting = $1 + 1    // this is decremented every frame. increment it to "freeze" it.
   [...]
It's the super sonic challenge without super sonic. Nice, i really like it

My complaints: Energy meter shows up in nights stages, Ring boxes should give you 10 rings worth of energy

Thanks. The NiGHTS bug has been fixed and... I thought giving +10 energy for every ring box would be cheating (as the player's start energy is 50). Maybe 1/4 of the max energy?

Before the exit counter variable goes to zero, call the new level complete screen code, which forces the counter to freeze.

Code:
if player.exiting == 10
   [...]
   intermission = true
   [...]
end

if intermission == true
   [...]
   player.exiting = $1 + 1    // this is decremented every frame. increment it to "freeze" it.
   [...]

Thanks. The NiGHTS bug has been fixed and... I thought giving +10 energy for every ring box would be cheating (as the player's start energy is 50). Maybe 1/4 of the max energy?
That's fine, thinking about it that would be cheap but it would make sense if you got something from it, Maybe not 1/4 but somewhere closer to 1/5

Code:
if player.exiting == 10
   [...]
   intermission = true
   [...]
end

if intermission == true
   [...]
   [...]

As delighted as I would go out of my way to steal use the intermission script outside of the wad itself, it just seems kinda difficult to do without the script just refusing to work in general, this script is too amazing and sacred to lock inside of a special mod. May I suggest on it becoming it's own lua script on it's own either as it's own release or a separate file inside the .zip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back