Official Level Design Contest: July/August 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stoney Mountain Zone (CTF)

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/814/srb20011oy7.png
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2581/srb20009so9.png

I hope this goes well =D.
I said:
I'll give a detailed explanation of this level once the voting starts (September n, 2008)

If Ice said what he said is true, then I'll give in the explanation now.

This is a CTF level from an idea obtained from making Stoney Volcano Zone, screenshots of the level can be found in my signature, and are updated/replaced each time a new area of the level gets created. There are two sides of the level, the red team having the Volcano base (red-fire), and the blue team having the Water Cavern base (blue-water). Of course, to balance out the level, the water does hurt the player. I've completely made this level from scratch, even without drafting the level. So, because of all the progress I've gotten to achieve, I'm glad at this level's outcome. I just have to test this level, to make sure it's as perfect as possible.

The blue base strangely reminds me strongly of a skulltag match map on an invasion map pack...

Re: Stoney Mountain Zone (CTF)

I agree, that looks hot. Can't wait to try it out.

The contest calls back to me. X_X and ^_^. After encouragement from Kuja and Blade T. Hedgehog, both being beta testers of another level I was originally just making to show RL friends, I might consider entering...again.

However, Blue Warrior doesn't like it. He says it "lacks replay value and character balance." Knux can't climb his way through the stage due to usage of No Climb, but as for Tails...well, I have an idea.

123 Runite said:
There are two sides of the level, the red team having the Volcano base (red-fire), and the blue team having the Water Cavern base (blue-water).
Already done in the last contest(Scorching Ice Floe Zone for CTF)

Superusuario said:
123 Runite said:
There are two sides of the level, the red team having the Volcano base (red-fire), and the blue team having the Water Cavern base (blue-water).
But, that doesn't mean I should just scrap all the work I managed to get through so far. Just because it has already been done doesn't mean future CTF maps should not have only those two elements in it. Also, it matters how it's played. If it's an exact copy or remake of that zone, then it will be rejected.

Contest Rules (Page 1) said:
All entries are welcome, from beginners to advanced level designers. Even if you don’t win, this is an excellent way to get feedback on your stage to help improve. Collaborations are allowed, and testing is encouraged strongly.
The only limitations to submitting CTF maps (as well as Match and Circuit) is that there can't be any custom textures or music, SOCs, and other lumps other than a map header. Also, again, a download link to any version of the level that's being submitted to the contest shouldn't be posted anywhere on the forums.

123 Runite said:
Superusuario said:
123 Runite said:

But, that doesn't mean I should just scrap all the work I managed to get through so far. Just because it has already been done doesn't mean future CTF maps should not have only those two elements in it.
I know, Anyways, Good luck!
For persons that are gonna enter in the Single Player contest...Very good luck versus my map!
And for persons entering the Match Contest...Extremely good luck versus my map!

Ice said:
I don't think they'll need luck...

Seeing the quality of one of your levels, Superusuario, it's possible that you might get a level (or both) not included. If FuriousFox deems it unplayable even before the contest pack goes up, it's disqualified.

Mystic even said that after seeing The Maze (scored 0.40), Egyptian Twilight (scored 0.29), and The Shining River (scored 0.00) all in the SAME CONTEST, he needed to put up a provision for levels that are simply unplayable.

*offtopic* For anyone wondering why I'm back to the contests, it's because of encouragement from Blade, Kuja, and even my mom. But let's not discuss that here, seriously. *offtopic end*

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Seeing the quality of one of your levels, Superusuario, it's possible that you might get a level (or both) not included.
First of all:I made 1 map per category(A Single Player map and a Match map)So i'm not sure that it will be disqualified.
Second:
FuriousFox on page 1 said:
All entries are welcome, from beginners to advanced level designers. Even if you don’t win, this is an excellent way to get feedback on your stage to help improve.
The 2 maps that i entered are for Superusuario's Domain Re-Make.(No, They aren't in the old Superusuario's Domain.)

This time, I'm racking up more beta testers. One of the reasons Magma Core Zone won is because of how many beta testers there were--he released it on the Master Server about three or four months ago. As such, Blade racked up quite a few beta testers, which was great. Magma Core Zone, when I first saw it, needed serious work. At that time, I would have considered it 4/10 material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back