[Open Assets] Character Ability - Jump Thok: Modifiable Version (v2.3)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Not really... Considering your peelout has no charge time necessary, never slows down until you hit a wall, and retains speed when you jump. I'd say a combination of this and something more similar to Metal Sonic's overdrive ability would create the ideal Sonic.

Though the peelout keeps updating nonstop so I can't tell.

Last edited:
Not really... Considering your peelout has no charge time necessary, never slows down until you hit a wall, and retains speed when you jump. I'd say a combination of this and something more similar to Metal Sonic's overdrive ability would create the ideal Sonic.

Though the peelout keeps updating nonstop so I can't tell.

ive been meaning to add a charge time, and as for the slowing down? he does it just takes a little while longer than you might expect. i already fixed the jump thing as well. i was updating like crazy because the moment i released it, my mind went bonkers and said, FIX EVERYTHING. on top of that, i had to change attachments and fix tiny bugs.

After playing this for a bit, I'd have to say the jump thok is far and away more powerful on Sonic than the regular thok. The extra jump itself trivializes a lot of platforming, but the horizontal speed in tandem is just enough to be useful for all sorts of repositioning and juking.

Circuit wouldn't change for shit. The thok speed may be lower, but that doesn't matter when it's on the already fastest character in the game. All it means is that good Sonics would be taking advantage of different platforming shortcuts and bad Sonics would die less.

Extensive testing in real netgames when we were still fucking around with:
srb20150.png

says otherwise.

The drop in speed is exactly what allows Tails and Knuckles to keep up, since Sonic is no longer moving on an average of 50 fracunits per tic (or more). All of the shortcuts Tails and Knuckles can take could easily overcome a Sonic with jumpthok, because the speed difference is now 36, 34, 32, instead of what we have now, which is 66-36, 34, 32. The numbers applying to Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails respectively.

Will this SRB2 Rivals be another EXE mod, and if it is, will their be special abilities for each individual character?

About time you guys brought up SRB2 Rivals here, I've been wanting to do that for ages but it looked like the project died when it was almost FNISHED. Seriously, we've been holding onto that for way too long. Think if netgames ever get fixed up, it'll make a comeback?

Cool title screen image

This is a thing?

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting change of pace. Where levels were once easy to thok through, I now find them a bit more difficult to navigate quickly. You may have actually balanced out Sonic. However, I really think to ought to be a multiplayer-only option.

Open the file using a text editor like notepad or notepad++. If you don't want to download notepad++, you can rename it temporarily to a .txt file and open notepad. From there, the script should have instructions on how to uncomment that part of the script. Make sure you rename it back to what the original file extension was.

Open the file using a text editor like notepad or notepad++. If you don't want to download notepad++, you can rename it temporarily to a .txt file and open notepad.
You could also just open it directly by choosing Notepad (though I prefer Wordpad) as the default program to open .lua extension files.

Never use Wordpad for editing code

But yeah, just opening it directly in Notepad works. But get Notepad++, it's much better for scripting.

May I ask, is there anything more you have to change other than the skin restriction to change who it affects, as I have been trying to set it to Metal Sonic (so I simply changed the skin restriction from "sonic" to "metal_sonic") yet it still refuses to have Metal use the Jump Thok. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Okay, I'm having trouble with the homing attack script. By enabling the fall code, the character becomes an anti-enemy killer, in other words, you will home into enemies and monitors and become completely vulnerable, you can't kill crawlas, or get 10 rings...

Okay, I'm having trouble with the homing attack script. By enabling the fall code, the character becomes an anti-enemy killer, in other words, you will home into enemies and monitors and become completely vulnerable, you can't kill crawlas, or get 10 rings...
Accidentally left that in. The code itself isn't supposed to be compatible with the Homing Thok, but I might change this in the future.

Sorry for double-posting, but the scripts have finally been updated! It shouldn't really be of interest to people who don't intend on making any modifications to the scripts, but you can find a list the changes in the first post.

Really hoping to see an update to this for 2.2.

It almost works, but it seems to force the uncurl state for me rather than stay curled from launch. And nah, I haven't changed the code to make it work that way, either. :P

EDIT: Ah wait, so it was added to 2.1 a while back? Is it still in 2.2 and if so does it offer the option to do the homing one?

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back