Stop sopa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megaupload was used mainly for piracy and its owner is notorious for ignoring copyright claims and keeping infringing files online. It's only right that it's been shut down. This isn't why SOPA is a threat. SOPA is a threat because it allows websites like Youtube to be taken down even if they do their best to delete infringing material.

unfortunately, it had to happen the day after the internet protest making it look like the US government ignored it.

and weather or not it's true, the cry of "Pirate" makes any real claim sound about as valid as the boy who cried wolf.

Megaupload was used mainly for piracy and its owner is notorious for ignoring copyright claims and keeping infringing files online.It's only right that it's been shut down. This isn't why SOPA is a threat. SOPA is a threat because it allows websites like Youtube to be taken down even if they do their best to delete infringing material.
Yeah, I just found that out. Sad news really.

Sopa is just so mean if you ask me. But protesting makes more sites go down and we don't want that do we now?

PIPA IS NOT DONE. It is still trying to rule the Internet.

Let's keep up with the protest and PIPA will fall.

Well Megaupload was full of piracy and all that. I mean I like the site my self. I used to go there all the time to just download music. And well music downloading is piracy so I can see there point on shutting it down.

Including most of the programs you pay for are free on that site as well. So another thing to shut it down.

While I never used the website to be honest, this is just the beginning of the pain that SOPA and PIPA will cause to us, should they get accepted.

Megaupload was used mainly for piracy and its owner is notorious for ignoring copyright claims and keeping infringing files online. It's only right that it's been shut down. This isn't why SOPA is a threat. SOPA is a threat because it allows websites like Youtube to be taken down even if they do their best to delete infringing material.

On the contrary, Megaupload were one of the best for responding to DMCA requests, most sites just ignore them.

This is a very good sign, though. A lot of legislators who previously supported the bills are rethinking their positions. Even if the vote happens, they almost certainly won't pass, and unless they passed with a 2/3 majority, President Obama would veto them.

Still, like Shadow Hog, I won't breathe freely until the bills are officially dead. And, of course, the bills, however catastrophic they could be, are meant to address a serious issue that we still need to find some way of fighting.

Glad to hear the legislators who originally for SOPA and PIPA are reconsidering their position. I hope the SOPA and PIPA bills get shot down, they are both utter garbage for something that was made to seem like a counter-measure for online piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back