[Open Assets] Sticky red ring

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amperbee

thunderdome denizen
Ever wanted to do more with these boring red rings?
You play Co-op with ringslinger and there's nothing else to do apart from winning?
Ever wanted to cover a friend in rings?
Or...

Do you want to be able to "draw" with rings?
happy face.jpg apparently its sonic.jpg

Maybe you want to play some tic-tac-toe with a friend in SRB2?
tictactoe.jpg tictactoe again.jpg

Or you just want to throw rings on all possible directions and see what happens?
anything.jpg can you believe it cens.jpg

Well, you came to the right place!

This is a casual room's dreamcame true! I guess

This script comes with a command, stickyredring <value>.
When stickyredring is 1, everytime a ring comes into contact with a wall, player, enemy, or solid object, it will stick on a wall as a normal ring, ready to be collected again!

shooting in wall.gif

[spoiler="Technical" stuff]In a more technical point of view, it doesn't actually stick. It spawns a new normal ring whenever the ring gets into its "collected"/"hit" sprites. The red ring just vanishes as usual.[/spoiler]
I have planned making other weapon rings also stick to a wall as normal rings or even ammo! I'm not sure how would that work but I'm thinking of something.
So as for now, only red rings will stick to a wall.

What are the uses for this script, you may ask?
Well...
For casual games:
- Drawing
- Messing around
- Writing
- Stacking rings on top of each other
- Fun?
And for standard games this has also an use!
- Passing rings to another player
- Creating a stash of rings to avoid getting a lot spilled
- Destroying badniks without losing rings

And more!

...and that's pretty much it.
It makes red rings "stick" to a wall.
Have fun!

Attachments

• r7_stickyredring.lua
    1.9 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Nice one, Boinciel!

Also, this looks really fun to mess about with. Can't wait to see what shenanigans I can pull off with this! *Downloads*

EDIT: On the subject of the other rings, i could easily adapt the script so that the other weapon rings do that as well (as in, only one of that ammo will be collected per ring), if you'd like me to.

Last edited:
EDIT: On the subject of the other rings, i could easily adapt the script so that the other weapon rings do that as well (as in, only one of that ammo will be collected per ring), if you'd like me to.

Auto ring would be good for speed drawing :p

I'm working on these.
Automatic and rail rings leave now their respective ammo (and on pickup they grant only 1 ammo), but I don't know what to do with scatter rings as using 1 ammo shoots 5 rings and that would be easy ammo, bounce rings dissapear in the middle of the air, grenade rings detonate in the air/ground after an amount of time and I haven't found a way to detect the explosion rings yet.
Oh yeah, also some real life stuff going on.

I'll see if I can push an update soon, at least with only the automatic/rail rings (and the red rings, of course!) sticking to the walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back