Formerly "RomioTheBadass"

Attachments

• srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,865
  • sc_GenocideCity_v4.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,506
Last edited:
Just one or two things to point out here, for the author and perhaps for anyone playing the level:

* The level uses the MAP02 slot, so you're not going to able to play this level on a new game or anything. Not technically a problem with the submission as far as guidelines as concerned, but just something that needs mentioning anyway.

* The crumbling platforms mid-way through the level use flats with "transparent" pixels (read: cyan pixels that turn invisible under special conditions), but the pixels still display. To fix this, the FOFs should be one of the translucent types with "#255" written in the front upper texture of their control linedefs. (If there aren't any translucent crumbling types, make one with the custom FOF linedef instead; I can't remember offhand if there are such pre-set FOF types about or not).

That said, neither of these things prevents this from being releasable. So, welcome to releases!

Oh, those looked transparent in OpenGL Mode, damn i should have tested it in software mode too .. i'll fix it , Thanks for the review.
EDIT : Appearantly a Transparent 3D Floor can't be Crumbling at same time because this linedef action is unavailable , So i had to replace it by something else :/ .

Last edited:
Level updated :
* Updated the Sewer section .
* Added new City and subway sections .
* Few other changes .

Quick update (Finally had time to ..) :
* Fixed wierd Textures
* Added some obligatory slopes (yes, sort of related to the gameplay)
* HOMs fixed
* Quick changes to Level design .

There's not too many slopes, except for Sewer section, Inside the Building, Near Helicopter landing pad, and Near the Exit, I Didn't want to put too many slopes because i didn't want the level to become a Slope-zilla Arena, But you should still be able to test slopes with it .

There is one place near the middle (I think it's right where the spikeball enemies are) where a very near wall is set to display the sky, which causes sections of the level that are right around the corner to be hidden by the sky for a bit. This just looks bizarre.

If you mean the Subway then that's intended, to show players that this directions leads to Subway exit , once players touches it, It teleports him back to the stairs outside .

I was mistaken about where it happens: it's in the skyscraper section near the beginning of the level. I have a GIF of the most dramatic instance attached, though I was able to find a couple others. I'm not sure what effect it was supposed to provide, but it just looks odd to me.

For reference, watch the right side of the level: a number of towers appear to be hidden behind the sky.

Attachments

• gcz-issue.gif
    gcz-issue.gif
    719.9 KB · Views: 956
That was the only way to prevent Tails and knuckles from bypassing the obstacles, Setting invisible (Impassable) lines would make it look Wierder, So i had to make it this way .

I was mistaken about where it happens: it's in the skyscraper section near the beginning of the level. I have a GIF of the most dramatic instance attached, though I was able to find a couple others. I'm not sure what effect it was supposed to provide, but it just looks odd to me.

For reference, watch the right side of the level: a number of towers appear to be hidden behind the sky.
Many basic/professional levels have this problem, it's just a wall, kinda like the thok barrier, it's made so people can't pass it, and since Romio didn't want Tails and Knux to destroy the design of his stage, he used the impassable linedef effect to block off cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back