My game wont save past castle eggman act 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yepman

I got to Arid Canyon and quit the game, when i came back I was back at Castle eggman act 1. I though this m ight have been a one time glitch so I tried again but it happened again. I got a new copy of the game and went through it as Tails to speed things up and same result. Anyone else ever have this problem?

What happens if you temporarily disable any anti-virus program(s) that you have, play Sonic Robo Blast 2, beat Egg Castle Zone, go to the game's title screen, and then check the single-player saves menu? And if it has saved the progress there, what if you then close the game and reboot it?

(Please remember to re-enable the anti-virus program(s) afterwards.)

Just download the full game data.
What if Yepman wants to experience/play through the game on their own, without using someone else's progress to get past something?

Last edited:
The emblem system is overcomplex, not rewarding enough, and a waste of everybody's time.
Your opinion on whether the single player unlockable structure is fun has nothing to do with this person having technical difficulty with the game itself. If you don't want to be productive or useful to the conversation, don't involve yourself in the conversation.

(I was AFK so don't judge.)

Yepman said he's having problems with SAVING, which is a SINGLE PLAYER FEATURE, therefore he's trying to beat the game.

I wanted to prove that getting the full game data is better than playing through the entire game.

You haven't proven anything except that you don't actually want to answer the OP's question, quite frankly. Yes, we get that you don't like how the unlockable system works, but this is a problem with the game's actual saving and could be a bug with SRB2 that we just aren't aware of yet, if it doesn't turn out to be an issue on the OP's end.

Anyway: Yepman, that sounds really unusual... you didn't by any chance add any files to the game did you?

Last edited:
I wanted to prove that getting the full game data is better than playing through the entire game.
Yeah, but you are trying to provide a "solution" that is just "skip the whole game, 1p sucks lol" instead of attempting to figure out what the actual problem is and what causes it.

Yepman, this is a long shot, but does the game save if you start the game on a new save slot and get to, say, Techno Hill?

EDIT: haha whoops I somehow stood on the editing window for 10 minutes, sorry about that

Last edited:
It happened to me in 2014 when I opened the game without administrator's permissions.
However, it could be related to your own computer.
Gonna try if the same happens to me without using administrator's permissions.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Yep, as I said it's related to your computer.
Give us more details.

"Wont save past castle eggman act 1"

Isn't intentional that? I mean that isn't saving in zone 2 or 3.

It happened to me too, it's just completing all the Castle Eggman Zones, and the game will be saved.

EDIT: Uh, my bad, I didn't read well the topic.

Last edited:
"Wont save past castle eggman act 1"

Isn't intentional that? I mean that isn't saving in zone 2 or 3.

It happened to me too, it's just completing all the Castle Eggman Zones, and the game will be saved.

EDIT: Uh, my bad, I didn't read well the topic.

That's how the game works dude, it only saves if you complete the zones.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Just tried with GF zone 1 and it didn't save past it...
There is a reason why the game specifically says "Castle Eggman Zone" instead of "Castle Eggman Zone 1" after it saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back