• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

mtscr_metalmaddness.wad (my new mod)

Do you like this so far?

• YES YES YES YES YES YES!! DO IT1!!!!111111111111111

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, it's cool!

• It's OK........B*shot*

• I don't know!

• No it SORTA sux.

• NO!!!!! DIS IS DA NOOBYEST THING EVA!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for another I'll Begin Brand Playtest!

For this playtest I used Knuckles (I kept dying with Sonic :oops:). And for the record I used Software Rendering.

----------

The WAD in general:
You say it's a Beta, but it has the feel of an Alpha. The levels are slow paced, ugly, glitchy and evil in general. The music is mismatched and REALLY LOUD, and I don't feel congratulated when I complete a level only to hear Strong Bad yelling at me, instead of a triumphant fanfare. Have you actually tested this WAD yourself?

Level 1, Act 1:
Starts off really slow paced, then there's this mach zone at the end, but you can't go too fast without crashing into a wall, because you can't see around corners, and there's no obstacles. There are too many bottomless pits, and really deep holes with no apparrent way of getting out. This level is really ugly, too. It's like someone with Bulimia made this.

Level 1, Act 2:
This level's speed is a nice touch, but the boost pads aren't such a good idea, because if I used someone who can't spin (like Silver) on those I'd just be standing still. That teleporter needs to be larger and more important looking, because I nearly overlooked it when going through the level. This level is quite nice, but gets a bit cramped at the end. It's hard to handle yourself when you're running really fast on such tiny platforms. Also the acid is too deep and doesn't hurt if I fall in. Adding purple textures doesn't automatically make the water harmful.

Boss 1:
It's a scrolling level, so it doesn't need to be so long, otherwise it causes visual glitches on Software Rendering. It's also too wide. Other than that, this is your WAD's strong point, offering a different way to fight Eggman. This level also could be improved if you make Eggman and Metal Sonic spawn at the other end. Take a look at the Acid Missle mod.

Level 2, Act 1:
After seeing tonnes of visual glitches, and having Metal Sonic follow you around, I just gave up. But I might test the rest later. From what I've seen of this level, it doesn't have the feel of a treasure hunting level.

----------

My rating: 2 out of 5.
The storyline is a nice, but needs illustrations. And the boss level was nice. I doubt I could make a wad any better, anyway. Take a look at the stickies in the Editing section of these forums, as they provide helpful information. I reckon with some work that you can make a good mod out of this.
My vote in the poll: "It's OK........B*shot*"

I'll Begin said:
It's time for another I'll Begin Brand Playtest!

Also the acid is too deep and doesn't hurt if I fall in. Adding purple textures doesn't automatically make the water harmful.
Well, for 1. Thank you for using constructive criticism. And that Is not acid. I know how to make acid, it's in the FOFs.

I liked this wad quite a bit, here's some stuff I didn't like, though:

Project Metalmaddness Zone: Easily owned by Knuckles. That ought to be fixed.

Escape Zone: Needs better music, more obstacles and less end sign. You can still make an end sign sector without an end sign.

If your still having the problem, try pressing the spindash button or I thinks it's that one. It will speed past it.

Umm...

What do the red thingys do?

What does the Metal Sonic do?

Why is the Proj. Metalmaddness level so easy?

TimberWolf said:
This game is HARD! >_<

Meh, I can beat the maps in like 5 minutes.

The red things are enemies, and they sit there. Hit it a few times, and it dies.

Metal Sonic follows you and he is supposed to try to kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back