DS Or PSP?

PSP Or DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that this isn't going to go very far. In an attempt to stop all of the blatantly false claims, I'm going to post relevant facts relating to the PSP and the DS for comparison.

PRICE:
DS:$129.99 US
PSP:$169.99 US (Core)

TOP SELLING GAME:
DS: Nintendogs
PSP:Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

BATTERY LIFE:
DS: 14 hours (Backlight enabled)
PSP:
* MP3 playback: 10 hours
* Game: approximately 3-6 hours
* Video playback: approximately 3-5 hours

UNITS SOLD:
DS: 40.29 million
PSP: 25.39 million

In terms of sales, the DS is beating the PSP. While this does not mean that it is "better" in any way, it just means that more people prefer the DS over the PSP, as of now. It all boils down to opinion, which should not be ridiculed if it differs slightly from your own.

DS, because you can play Gameboy games and it's games on it.

I've seen a PSP before, and I admit it has good graphics, but it's just still like a regular old handheld system.

People should focus on gameplay, not just graphics.

Cheese said:
DS, because you can play Gameboy games and it's games on it.

No, you can't. You can play Gameboy Advance games, but anything before that is incompatible.

Gameboy and Genesis emulation are rising in popularity on the DS. Most GB games are fully playable in Lameboy and a good number of Genesis games are at least partially playable in jEnesisDS (there is no sound yet, but it still runs loads better than PicodriveDS). So, uh, yay for homebrew.

Incidentally, homebrew is the only reason I will ever buy a PSP. There's not a single commercially released game for it that appeals to me.

Tets said:
Incidentally, homebrew is the only reason I will ever buy a PSP. There's not a single commercially released game for it that appeals to me.

That was the main reason for me when I bought my PSP. I always wanted to try out homebrew so I bought one for that. I own a few games, but a lot of the games on the system aren't that good.

The reason I also bought a GP2X because it is a freeware homebrew machine so there are no lock outs or anything like that. Also, I get to play with Sega CD Games at an excellent framerate for most of the games.

I also have a DS and I use it more because of the games that come out for it. Ever since I got my m3 adapter, I have been playing NDS games a lot more lately.

Sonict

Well, the PSP is more powerful than the DS, and the graphic quality is quite good, but... What the hell are you going with that brick? What about if the screen gets broken? Yeah, it looks cool, but it's not cheap.. XD I already have a DS, with a "M3-simply" ... It's graphic quality and processing velocity is quite less than a PSP's, but.. The touchable screen is really useful (Metroid Prime:Hunters Powah! :D), and using a M3/R4 or another adapter, you can make your own games visually :3

DS. One of the reasons I like it is the Download play. When I'm at school, there's a lunch table of DS obsessive people. My friend, and I turn on Download play, and wait for one of their games to pop up, and click the game that shows up as fast as we can. They get soooo mad at us. I love it.

Cheese said:
People should focus on gameplay, not just graphics.

Like what they did to Sonic 06. Most crappy Sonic game I've seen.

I vote DS!

> DS has download play, although you can download PSP games with a wireless internet connection, with a ds, your friend just needs the game - DS wins (Downloadings)
> PSP has an analogue stick thingy, good for surfing the internet with, but not as good as a stylus... - DS wins (Internet control)
> With a PSP your calibration can't go funny! (for what i've heard), and, a LOT of the Silver DS's i've seen have a bad calibration and won't fix, including mine - PSP wins (Calibration)
> DS games can connecct, although the PSP can do that too, the DS has a wider Variety of games, such as Animal Crossing, MarioKart and Ping.Pals... - DS wins (Connectivity)
> PSP has better graphics, even though the DS's graphics aren't that good, the PSP has very good graphics, Even though i've only played one game on it - PSP wins (Graphics)

In the brackets i've put what the medal was for :P
PSP - 2, DS - 3... (Although i can think of more reasons for them both to beat eachother, 5's enough...)

Turbo_The_Hedgehog said:
DS, because it has more games and you can buy internet capability! Well its out of stock now... but i got one!
*woot 11th page*

I vote DS and you dont need to buy internet. I just find a signal and I have online play.Oh and DS is cheaper. When psp came out it was 300 dollars! Well I think. Now the price is getting low.

PSP vs. DS!! Who will win? The DS!!!

unfortunately i was getting some food when the cat comes by and i drop it. It works...but the screen whites out occasionally, so i dont play it. And the answer is YES! I am clumsy.

Super mystic sonic said:
I love the DS because

It has two screens and can do multiple things at once on some games
The games are better then PSP { A frikkin lot of offense }
it plays GBA games as well as DS i think the graphics are nice as well
and you can link up to 16 players at once which is awesome multiplayer
as well and wireless connection Like pictochat and Nintendogs

What are the differences between my and HYPERKNUX'S post?
The difference is HYPERKNUX's post said no offense and yours said a lot of offense.

OMG

OK the psp is better because it has internet(the ds has internet but it dosent have flashso theres no point:D

The ds i think has better games because i play them more (im playing my ds with my freind right now.

In my opinion, if you want the internet, then get a cheapie laptop.

From what I've seen, DS looks better and more unique. PSP is just another Gameboy SP look-alike... with better media.

JEV3 said:
In my opinion, if you want the internet, then get a cheapie laptop.

From what I've seen, DS looks better and more unique. PSP is just another Gameboy SP look-alike... with better media.

clap* clap* clap*.... Well somebody finnaly figure it out, just get a computer or a labtop beacause the psp and ds are portabals so mostly you would want to take a fun game with you, but you won't have wireless internet within the car, will you?! So im just saying bring a game that is fun to interact with, hey this is just chttp://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=236oming from me.. *snicker ds snicker*

PSPs rule! vote for them! because you can listen to MUSIC, watch VIDEOS and play games like metal gear solid. What can you do with a DS, nothing but little kid games play games.

The thing is that these polls don't work in real life because everyone has different preferences and PSPs are more liked by Teens and Adults because games like GTA appeal to them. DS' are more for young children because games like Mario and sonic games on DS appeal to chilren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back