View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016   #52
fickleheart
ms reflec beat stan

Regarding tips, we really oughta bring back the manual (and maybe ask for translations from the community so that people who speak other languages can make use of it), but I know in dev channels we've also talked about expanding the help screen to a full-out help menu that has a main menu entry as well as the typical F1 access point. That would at least give us a place to explain basics, and for more complex things maybe we could include demos as a visual aid or something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegix View Post
Actually, on the subject of "show, don't tell", will there ever be some hint to show players that a wall isn't "knuckles-Climbable" until they try to climb it? Personally I'm just used to it at this point, but it's still a nasty surprise the first few times it happens, until you learn to try to predict where they'll happen.
This is a level design problem moreso than a game problem. The best thing to do in these cases is use specific textures for non-climbable walls; for instance, in Clock Towers I used the dark stone texture (iirc) for them, and in ACZ2 I'm using the brown ACZROCK variant for the same purpose.