• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dirk's Studio of Spriting and other things

DirkTheHusky

Team Kinetic RPG
Hello! And welcome to my thread where I post certain projects. Most of them are sprite related so let's begin with one of my major projects.

Project Mario Robo Blast 2:
attachment.php

Project Mario Robo Blast 2 (PMRB2) is just Mario in SRB2. Not really anything special but he will have playstyle like he had in Super Mario 64. He will also be available for Top Down, which he will have the same playstyle in Super Mario 3D World.

Here's a gif of Mario's stand frames (A2A8 done my MotorRoach while the rest are done by me.):
attachment.php

Now here's a custom weapon ring, the ice ring:
attachment.php

This ring will either freeze the players or slow them down once it hits the player. It will also have a one second cooldown when fired.

That's all I have to show you for now. More to come!

Attachments

• PROJECTMARIO.png
    PROJECTMARIO.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 10,542
  • YAHOO.gif
    YAHOO.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 10,095
  • ICERING2.gif
    ICERING2.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 12,176
Last edited:
Took you a motherfucking century to get a MB account, I absolutely love this work being done, can't wait to see what the rest of the MB thinks about it!

This looks promising. You may want to come up with a better project name, though. :P

This looks really cool! I'll be sure to make a Mario 64 md2 once this gets released!

EDIT: Nevermind...

Last edited:
Like Saph said, its about time! Lol

Anyways looking devine as per usual dirk. And i cant wait for your Ice ring.

Like Saph said, its about time! Lol

I agree, and i thought you wouldnt get an MB Account.

Anyway this looks amazing, your mario sprites are looking good, keep going!

I enjoy what I'm seeing right here, it's so amazing. Especially that Ice Ring, it's just so mesmerising and beautiful, I love the 'shine' effect!

I should do monthly updates on Mario, but at least I have more stuff to show off.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20004.png
    srb20004.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 6,906
  • srb20005.png
    srb20005.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 7,413
I don't think a sprite of Luigi hasn't been made for SRB2 yet. Also, I had some help from toaster when making the jump sprites.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back