Sonic Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, by the way, Sonic Forces is out now. Steam's store's page for it: [LINK]
I personally recommend waiting a few more days or so before getting it if you want it. There's currently a very, very annoying bug with cutscenes lagging and stuttering, or sometimes just playing too slowly while the audio plays at normal speed, and I don't seem to be the only person with this issue at all (despite me and other people with the issue having fairly strong computers). Not all people have this issue, though, but there are several that do.
But besides that, the rest of the game seems decent enough in my opinion (and doesn't ever seem to dip below 60 frames per second for me, even despite the cutscenes having problems). Also, remember to go get the free DLC the game has, regardless of which platform you get the game on (if you have internet connection on your platform of choice).
It's not too long of a game in the main story, but it clearly wants you to play the stages it has many times if you want to 100% the game.

Last edited:
Checked metacritic just out of curiosity, and the consensus so far seems to be that it's mindless and uncreative, but at the very least it's still mindless entertainment

Also classic Sonic confirmed for most pointless addition to the game (to the surprise of nobody)

I'm actually really upset over this release. Not to a point where it was a betrayal like Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric was. I'm just overwhelmingly disappointed on how this game came out in the end.

I learned from the past not to over-hype a Sonic game and not to expect the next best thing from it and that's how I was throughout the waiting period of Sonic Forces. There were a couple times where I was like, "AW YEAH! THIS IS HAPPENING!" whenever Sonic Team released new footage of a new stage, the comics that were a prologue to Sonic Forces, or even revealing new concepts we have never seen in the Sonic series prior to Forces like the character customization.

Come release day, I see that everyone was really mixed about the whole thing, more of the majority saying it was bad. I didn't bandwagon as I wanted to play the game for myself and get my own opinion on Forces. But I couldn't because of awful optimization for the PC version with all the crashes surrounding it like laggy cutscenes and performance issues. I can't even get past the first level without the game shitting the bed because it crashes right after Sonic makes his joke about Sand Hill. Even when SEGA said they fixed the bug, offered different solutions to other users, and even me going out of my way to update my graphics card, it still crashes. I really wanted to play this game and try to enjoy it, honestly. But the way things are going for the PC version, I might as well get a refund and spend my $40 on something else worthwhile. I have a lot more to say about Forces in general but I think I'm going to cut it off here before this turns into an essay. :V

Though I technically haven't played it, what I could tell from other people playing it is how criminally underused some music tracks are in the game, either because the stage it's in is way too short for a casual player to even finish a single loop of it, either because the stage itself cuts it short and replaces it for another one; biggest offender in this particular case being "City - Red Gate Bridge" where its own stage music -- and a particularly beautiful one at that -- is played for exactly 10 seconds (assuming you hold the forward button throughout the stage) before Metal Sonic shows up with its own music to back it up.

Not that I don't like this game's version of Stardust Speedway Bad Future US -- quite the contrary -- but it's a real shame music this good gets shafted like this.

Though I technically haven't played it, what I could tell from other people playing it is how criminally underused some music tracks are in the game, either because the stage it's in is way too short for a casual player to even finish a single loop of it, either because the stage itself cuts it short and replaces it for another one; biggest offender in this particular case being "City - Red Gate Bridge" where its own stage music -- and a particularly beautiful one at that -- is played for exactly 10 seconds (assuming you hold the forward button throughout the stage) before Metal Sonic shows up with its own music to back it up.

Not that I don't like this game's version of Stardust Speedway Bad Future US -- quite the contrary -- but it's a real shame music this good gets shafted like this.

Literally that whole level leading up to Metal Sonic was just on QTE and a little tunnel to the fight. That really bums me out.

I mean, it would've been easy to just not a play a game you don't like, but it's blatantly obvious he only streamed the game to get angry reactions out of people?  ̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄ That kind of behavior is why most digital stores don't offer refunds, honestly

what's up y'all this is a "Post your Avatar" thread now.

tumblr_oz4wqh2kjO1r6o0zfo2_1280.jpg

I joked a while back that Mania was going to kick Forces' ass, but it's actually kinda embarrassing that they dropped the ball on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back