SF94-CTF - CTF/Match features from SF94-Serv

Status
Not open for further replies.
SF94-CTF is a mod which takes the CTF and Deathmatch (and any other derivative of these gametypes) features of SF94-Serv, and shoves them into a compact stand-alone wad. The features are as follows:

(YOU BETTER NOT DIE THIS TIME, SRB2.ORG HARD DRIVE.)

• Multi-colored rings. In Match mode, players' normal ring projectiles take on the color of the shooter for no given reason.
  • Bomb rings have gravity, so it requires a little more effort to use them.
  • Red rings (not so red anymore!) leave normal rings behind. This can be disabled (or enabled) like so: "RUNSOC RINGRAB1" and "RUNSOC RINGRAB0" for on and off respectively.
  • This wad also contains some graphical changes to the HUD, ring sprites, and miscellanies things, including the "GOT FLAG" graphic. This makes it appear as if the player is holding the flag instead of just saying "GOT FLAG". The practicality of this is pretty much non-existent however, so it's subject to change. (Edit: Oh, and some fixes to Sonic's sprites. I don't know how I keep forgetting that.)
  • Shoot-able projectiles. If you're quick enough, you can shoot on-coming projectiles to destroy them.

It's recommended that you disable auto-aim, otherwise your projectiles will automatically lock on to other projectiles nearby; even your own.

Special thanks to TheBetaFox for letting me test this on his server =P

Here are some screenshots relative to their order in the list above (in the attachments).

Attachments

• SF94-CTF.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 570
  • SF94CTF1.png
    SF94CTF1.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 908
  • SF94CTF2.png
    SF94CTF2.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,062
  • SF94CTF3.png
    SF94CTF3.png
    240.8 KB · Views: 978
  • SF94CTF4.png
    SF94CTF4.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:
The CTF Flag graphic is the only thing in this that should be implemented into the game.

Seriously, at long distances you can barely see the "GOT FLAG" thing. This is indeed better as it lets you recognize the one who carries the flag pretty quickly, even at long distances.

That said, everything in this but the ring leftovers is pretty neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back