Welcome Messages and stuff upon join

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may be insane after all. But he must have one hell of a fast hand to do so. By the way he post this in a matter of min after the script thing started. He must of wrote that all down by some text editor that lets him copy number by number super fast or something.

Most likely, he wrote a program that outputs that stuff automatically.

Code:
<?php
for($i=1; $i <= 1034; $i++)
    echo "Level " . $i . "\nScriptName = SCRIPT\nScriptIsLump = 1\n\n"
?>

And people wonder why I became a programmer.

ok a new problem has arisen mainly...the welcome message gets annoying repearing every level and i honestly only want it to how up when a player joins the game and not when a map is changed. D:

Well, you can do this.
Code:
cecho Welcome to my server
In your script lump when someone joins. I seen commands run by script in the STH360re mod, you can use that as an example.

Last edited:
You don't need time to write this stuff when you're right in front of a computer who can do it for you if you know how to tell it what to do.

Or maybe Sky actually copy-pasted the first line 1034 times and changed the number. In which case he's insane.
I gave it to him :V. I found it while dissecting a friend's wad(and that friend was ACTUALLY insane.)

Isn't there at least any variable like if the words "joined the game." appear in the chat that the welcome message would be executed. I'm up for anything challenging. If not can i at least get a link to the levels list cause i noticed the levels listed from 1 - 1041 though when you go into maps past 99 it seems different like map1A , map 1B etc.

Last edited:
Not unless you learn C and start parsing the text server-side.

The level list should be on the wiki?

That script lump should load on join for any new joiners, not only when the map loads. I've used it before, and it does execute for new joiners.

That script lump should load on join for any new joiners, not only when the map loads. I've used it before, and it does execute for new joiners.

I believe his issue is that he doesn't want it to load on every map load, just when someone joins.

I believe his issue is that he doesn't want it to load on every map load, just when someone joins.

I recently got my server back up and running for a day or so now and it seems the new population has agreed with me towards the idea that the message showing every map loaded is annoying. So now I kinda do need help on revamping my old server wad to only focus on when a player joins to show the MOTD like message. For the most part it hasn't changed since. Can anyone help me?

Just use the normal MOTD command. It's not a CSAY, but it has the functionality you're looking for and doesn't even involve a WAD file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back