SC_SplashHill

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

This map is ONLY for SRB2CB, if used in the original SRB2 it looks horrible.

This is a Single player/Coop 2D level for SRB2 on Splash Hill Zone. It is not an exact replica, but a modified version made by me.

This level has many areas that include: Underwater, caves, Day time, and Night time. As you progress through the stage these areas will appear.

Notes:
1.) This level replaces the GFZ song with the Splash hill Zone song.
2.) Special Thanks to TSDude for helping me with various things for this map.

Important Note:
These WADS are ONLY for SRB2CB.

Hope you enjoy, tell me if it is good/bad, and what I should improve/remove.

Attachments

• shot0000.png
    shot0000.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,504
  • shot0001.png
    shot0001.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • shot0002.png
    shot0002.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 819
  • shot0003.png
    shot0003.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 685
  • shot0004.png
    shot0004.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 771
  • shot0005.png
    shot0005.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 784
  • shot0006.png
    shot0006.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 648
  • shot0007.png
    shot0007.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 666
  • shot0008.png
    shot0008.png
    77 KB · Views: 592
  • shot0009.png
    shot0009.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 617
  • shot0010.png
    shot0010.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 602
  • SC_SplashHill.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 1,434
Last edited:
Ok I just tried the game, my opinion is that it is a decent level design and it reminds me of the "sonic fan remix game" but there are a few issues:
1) The textures will not show (although, I'm looking to see if this problem is not just mine)
i1mp2w.png

2) The speed pads should also be sloped
1z73p87.png

3) The speed pads should scroll like in most sonic games (except the sloped speed pads, I don't think they can scroll)
4) You should probably change some enemies or make custom enemies because some of the enemies do not suit the gameplay, e.g. the red buzz bots make the level a bit difficult and there are too many skims in the water.
If you manage to fix these things then the wad would be much better.
-Also you could have used the skybox to show some mountains and the sky.
(Thanks for mentioning me.)

I checked the map from the download link, and the textures are working fine. I'm guessing thats a problem on your part, if anyone else gets this problem, do say so.

I kinda wanted that speed pad to be in that position because, in my opinion, it fits the level and when hitting that dashpad it lanches you to the next dashpad.

What do you mean by scroll?

While keeping Splash Hill Zone in my head as I was making this, I seemed to remeber a lot of flying enemies in the game. In that one section there are a lot of skims, that that I understand. I will update it soon with less skims.

This was great. I don´t have that texture bug. This was the first SRB2CB wad I´ve tested.

I checked the map from the download link, and the textures are working fine. I'm guessing thats a problem on your part, if anyone else gets this problem, do say so.

I kinda wanted that speed pad to be in that position because, in my opinion, it fits the level and when hitting that dashpad it lanches you to the next dashpad.

What do you mean by scroll?

While keeping Splash Hill Zone in my head as I was making this, I seemed to remeber a lot of flying enemies in the game. In that one section there are a lot of skims, that that I understand. I will update it soon with less skims.

I guess the texture thing was my problem, sorry. When I say scroll I meant that you should make the floor texture move, (e.g. connveyor belt movement in srb2). And the red buzz enemies move to fast so it is quite difficult, however I still enjoyed the level (especially with md2s). :)

In my opinion, the bright textures do not go well with the opening sky. The distinct contrast actually hurts my eyes.

Judging from screenshot 1, the player starts from behind a bush. Why is that?

It's a fine short stage, but there's a few issues I found:
shot0000.png

Uh, this is just a small nitpick, but those little lines that don't seem to be part of the sector is this an SRB2CB's OpenGL renderer issue or the level's?

shot0001.png

Did you put some sort of barrier so that the Crawla Commander had no way of hurting the player?

shot0002.png

My biggest problem. It's just that this sector isn't tagged to any control sector with a water FOF. ...Or was it intentional?

Last edited:
The texture glitch could be prevented if the creator specified if they were standard textures or PNG textures.

At least I'm assuming that's the problem.

@Tyson

The line problem, I have no idea what caused that to happen. I looked over the textures, and there is no reason why it should be transparent there. I might know how to "fix" that though, will try something in the updated version.

Also, I think the crawla commanders do work, but they rarly go to the area which the player walks on, and the commanders usually back away when the player is trying to attack them. I think I would have to replace this enemy with another in the updated version.

Thanks for pointing out the sector without the tag, I have not noticed that.

@I'll Begin

All the textures are in Graphic (DooM) format, and all the flats are in Graphic (Flat) format.

Although, I think the texture problem could be due to SRB2CB. I suggest everyone who has had the problem, see if they have the updated version of SRB2CB, the updated version also plays a part in this level by giving the player the 2D height boost.

@I'll Begin

All the textures are in Graphic (DooM) format, and all the flats are in Graphic (Flat) format.

Although, I think the texture problem could be due to SRB2CB. I suggest everyone who has had the problem, see if they have the updated version of SRB2CB, the updated version also plays a part in this level by giving the player the 2D height boost.
I think you should of made the textures png, then it would work for everyone. I think everyone has the same version as your srb2cb, there is only a problem with the textures because you chose to use the normal srb2 textures and flats: PNG is for the wall textures, that's why people only had a problem with the wall textures.

I got this glitch once before too, all you have to re-download Community Build, hope I helped.

@TSDude:

I had just tried your idea about making them all PNG, and I had recived the Sigment Violation error (I exported the picture from the already converted textures because PNGs in SLADE are different then XWE.)

Eh.... this wad is somewhat ok, I guess, but the level itself is very laggy frame and side-scroller wise(at least I've noticed). but good wad though!

Ok I just tried the game, my opinion is that it is a decent level design and it reminds me of the "sonic fan remix game" but there are a few issues:
1) The textures will not show (although, I'm looking to see if this problem is not just mine)
i1mp2w.png

2) The speed pads should also be sloped
1z73p87.png

3) The speed pads should scroll like in most sonic games (except the sloped speed pads, I don't think they can scroll)
4) You should probably change some enemies or make custom enemies because some of the enemies do not suit the gameplay, e.g. the red buzz bots make the level a bit difficult and there are too many skims in the water.
If you manage to fix these things then the wad would be much better.
-Also you could have used the skybox to show some mountains and the sky.
(Thanks for mentioning me.)

also to me happen that

also to me happen that

I now know what causes that problem. It all depends on which srb2cb you are using. Using the non png version would fix the blank textures problem. I will make a png version when I will have free time and not working on the sa2/ or walls of the void map packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back