Blaze the Cat v1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outline on her dress is pink while her actual dress color is lavender? In that case you might just want to re-do the dress altogether for Blaze_Alt.

Yes, the yellow bit around her neck is too bright in the wad, and her clothes are more purple-y in the official picture than in the wad.

Exactly. I'm not saying I don't like how she looks now because she don't looks like the original Blaze. I'm showing an example of the original Blaze char, to show you how Blaze.wad's desing differs to the original one. (It's very similar, but with some differences.)

My old Blaze barely looks like the official one anyway. That was before I understood Blaze's skull base was circular instead of a half-circle, so some frames have a few obvious anatomical errors. It'd be better if I helped Hinote finish her Blaze, instead of modifying my old one any further.

(Sorry about the delayed reply, Mother's Day came up, and mom comes first. =P) After I've taken care of a few kiribans on dA, I might get around to updating this skin, and restoring some of the old functionality, like the sol emeralds. Of which, I think I might release as a separate mod in Misc releases, instead of packaged with Blaze directly.

My old Blaze barely looks like the official one anyway. That was before I understood Blaze's skull base was circular instead of a half-circle, so some frames have a few obvious anatomical errors. It'd be better if I helped Hinote finish her Blaze, instead of modifying my old one any further.

Don't worry, it doesn't matter. And... I really think it looks very similar to the official Blaze, just some differences here and there. You really did a good job.

(Sorry about the delayed reply, Mother's Day came up, and mom comes first. =P) After I've taken care of a few kiribans on dA, I might get around to updating this skin, and restoring some of the old functionality, like the sol emeralds. Of which, I think I might release as a separate mod in Misc releases, instead of packaged with Blaze directly.

Mom lover forevah too :3
All i can say is...

The moms are lovely!

Blaze's air drill can actually come in handy sometimes.

%5Bwad%5D%20thz1%20blaze%20it.gif

Great wad!

Last edited:
I think it's possible to stop the float every time it gets activated and replace(or remove) it with something different but that needs more lua.
Please tell me how to do that when you find out. XD
I'm too lazy to look through the source files.

Hello, me.

ebc26118a4.gif

This was a lot of fun to use. I hope some day we can edit the going super text to "Blaze The Cat is now burning." It could be possible via a hook that checks if the player goes super in match, and if they are Blaze, then use a quick message on the screen to paste overtop the super message.

Oh wow this is a huge bump.

I've been following the news topics from time to time, and my gut tells me SRB2 may break compatibility with older content once again. (Even if marginally so, when thinking of the leap between 1.9.0.4 and 2.0.)

If that happens, I'm not updating these old characters anymore. None of them have aged well, and each have long since ceased representing not only what I can create, but what the community is capable of as a whole. These were made during a time when standards were a lot lower, literally ten years ago. It couldn't be more obvious when you look around this forum and see, well, every other character produced here are of better quality in every way imaginable.

What I want to do is to incentivize the community to create more suitable replacements, by me not dragging them along for the ride past version 2.1. I won't give permission for someone else to port these characters and submit them, either. There is one guy who was salty at me for being like that with ShadowRE, and I'm sorry, I'm extending that to all of my old stuff now.

Shadow has been replaced, Mighty has been replaced, there's a far better Amy to play as, and Alice was working on a superior Blaze for a time. (It's a shame they never had time to finish it.) The vacuum of 1.9.0.4 and 2.0's archives are where these old things belong. Preserved, though no longer relevant or comparable to existing works.

If there is to be a playable Blaze for 2.2 and beyond, it will either be made by someone else, or everybody gets on Nagstarter dot com and posts 20,000 nags for me to turn on my Wacom tablet and outdo my 19 year old self, for old time's sake. =P Who knows. If somebody wants to do it, the privilege of having the "Blaze.wad" filename exclusively is yours, like Shadow.wad is for Speedwagon.

That Nagstarter idea is free for the taking, by the way. Somebody with web dev experience, please make that a thing.

If somebody wants to do it, the privilege of having the "Blaze.wad" filename exclusively is yours, like Shadow.wad is for Speedwagon.

Didn't you know? Speedwagon is doing Blaze himself!

I KNEW someone was making a new Blaze! I saw some previews before, and is there something on this message board showing Speedwagon showing off Blaze progress?

I KNEW someone was making a new Blaze! I saw some previews before, and is there something on this message board showing Speedwagon showing off Blaze progress?

No, but you can find some of the rare in-progress screenshots in the Discord server.

Alice was working on a superior Blaze for a time. (It's a shame they never had time to finish it.)

If there is to be a playable Blaze for 2.2 and beyond, it will either be made by someone else, or everybody gets on Nagstarter dot com and posts 20,000 nags for me to turn on my Wacom tablet and outdo my 19 year old self, for old time's sake. =P Who knows. If somebody wants to do it, the privilege of having the "Blaze.wad" filename exclusively is yours, like Shadow.wad is for Speedwagon.
Its ok I'm here.
unknown.png

I usually post progress on my projects in the srb2 community discord since I get more feedback there then here.

Last edited:
I didn't know there was a community Discord. I need to go find a link. =P

That's awesome news, Speedwagon! I'm happy to see my favorite Sonic character ever being done your way. Seriously love your work.

If Speedwagon's Blaze happens to be finished before 2.2's release, can an admin here please dump all of my WADs into the archives/trash and let Speedwagon take that spot? (Being serious here! No bricks.)

YESSSS Lets hope that If 2.2 doesn't come out in time, Blaze can be released for regular 2.1, because who knows how long it will be until 2.2 comes out...

Where is this mighty? I've never seen him on the MB.

A bit late to replying, but someone PM'd me to say there was a better version of Mighty available. (While also offering a patch to improve mine? Seemed redundant.) If that's true, I haven't seen it in Releases either, nor do I really look that far into this board. I've quit playing the game so much as casually for nearly two years now, and haven't had any reason to look around because of it. (Maybe 2.2 will change that.)

That said, if it's on here, I would also like Mighty trashed with the rest, in the future. If not, look around on a search engine and see if you can contact the creator. I'm more than open to active members of the community replacing my old stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back