• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Stardust's Wacky Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

StellarStardust

I am the perfect and elegant maid~
UJtjduo.png

hdUCDZ1.png

d6G017s.png

Basically, a topic where I post previews of maps I'm making to get feedback. (and help too)

This map is Special Showdown Zone, based of the original Sonic 3 & Knuckles special stages. No blue, yellow or red spheres here though.

Last edited:
There's uh....not much to give feedback on. It looks really really REALLY flat, so much that it makes Meadow Match like a tactical espionage mission area. The placed slopes seem really arbitrary and out of place. The textures are questionable as well, even if you were going for a rainbow motif.

You should try to give your level more substance before I can give feedback that isn't "uh", sorry.

Alrighty, thanks for the criticism. I've tried to fix the map issues like Zipper said with the textures. And here's what I've done so far.

5Ifre6r.png

Some areas have different textures like here for more detail.

cTQCVdO.png

The upper section is no longer a 'run around' ring. It will have more objects and stuff to hide and run around. Same goes for the lower section.

I apologise if I haven't fixed any of the issues, as I couldn't understand what some of you meant. (Plus I'm a newb at ZB. :P )

cTQCVdO.png

The upper section is no longer a 'run around' ring. It will have more objects and stuff to hide and run around. Same goes for the lower section.

I apologise if I haven't fixed any of the issues, as I couldn't understand what some of you meant. (Plus I'm a newb at ZB. :P )

In my opinion, that floor is an eyesore. I'd suggest using another texture. This is looking pretty promising, I always wanted a Special-Stage themed map; without it being actually a Special Stage.

I'd also suggest trying to do a cool little Skybox there, to make it look more... "Special-Stage"?

Alrighty, I'll change the texture then. And tbh, I can't find any better skyboxes unless I make an new one entirely. However, I don't know if this requires Lua or not. I'll see what I can do.

2D skyboxes, much more commonly abbreviated as "skies", don't require Lua. "The game searches for a texture with the name SKYx, where x is the integer number specified [in SkyNum in the level header]." You can supply your own graphic lump for SKYx, where X can be any number (including ones not in vanilla SRB2).

3D skyboxes, much more commonly abbreviated as just "skyboxes", don't require Lua either. [LINK] I'm pretty sure Zero the Artificial meant a 3D skybox in their message.

This thread ain't dead yet, not on my watch, anyways.

While there isn't an update on SSZ, but there is on previous map I made before SSZ...

NTBJ3Cw.png

Introducing Wood Zone from Sonic 2, I've went back to fixing it ALOT due to my lack skill of when I first used ZB. Now that I'm more experienced, I can fix these issues and make the map more interesting and hopefully less of a thok-glitch-fest than it was before.

Wc2JXpf.png

Unlike the original, this map has an small area outside of the forest which is linked by a slope. (Unless you're gonna play the non-slope version.)

YXojnK4.png

"Oh me? Just totally jumping into that waterfall for no reason at all and not for some secret."

Well, if you're talking about the night sky... It's supposed to be like that as you can see over the forest part, unlike the original, where you saw trees everywhere.

Well, if you're talking about the night sky... It's supposed to be like that as you can see over the forest part, unlike the original, where you saw trees everywhere.

That particular sky is intended not as the night sky, but as the background for the old Special Stage 7, indicated by it being dark gray rather than black. Skies 8 and 21 are SRB2's designated starry night skies.

And the SRB2 community cringed in reveal.

This is pretty well done though, however it seems to have the same issue as Lat'''''''''s SRB2DVD time travel mechanic, you're making a duplicate of the level, which concerns me of what levels you're going to be able to do if this project affects the whole adventure.

Well, it depends if there is enough space in the map to clone the map and thus editing it to a certain degree to make the dark world version. If not, then that map may have to be skipped. Hopefully not though, as I hope to make all levels suffe- I mean playable. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back