• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Smith Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definetly liking what i'm seeing here (The blue on the crawla looks too good on it to me even if it's the default palette blue), good work so far! Also are you sure the Name's CCC? because it's Ground Crawla Commander, shouldn't it be GCC?

I'm definetly liking what i'm seeing here (The blue on the crawla looks too good on it to me even if it's the default palette blue), good work so far! Also are you sure the Name's CCC? because it's Ground Crawla Commander, shouldn't it be GCC?
M I S T A K E (i'm already editing that :p)

The level looks simple and... big based on the Gif , i cant really say more than that since 70% of the gif is the cut-scene :T

The level looks simple and... big based on the Gif , i cant really say more than that since 70% of the gif is the cut-scene :T

SIMPLE? ;-; i expected some positive answer!
Also, the objective of the GIF were to show the intro, not the map itself.

Crimson Chamber BIG UPDATE!

I asked MK.exe about my map and he said "It's too simple :p" you're a map god, i'm not
So then... I wasted ALL MY DAY working in Crimson Chamber:
RURvqgi.png

Pcslzd3.png

TRZMOsA.png

cXuBllN.png

RIyl5DK.png

tTI5cHy.png

F44IyeA.png

UPDATES:
-Little update on skybox (Chemical Plant BG)
-Added a lot of textures (i'll be adding more)
-Added more slopes (I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SLOPES!)
-Added monitor locations(Note that i just have placed main objects)
-Fixed lava not working properly
-Added more exploration spots

Future updates:
-Fix music not fitting with new textures (CURRENT MUSIC IS: Castle Pandemonium - Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls)
-Fix textures issues
-Add more slopes
-Add objects
-Make a brand-new skybox phew, i did it 3 times.
-Make new textures
-Release the map

COMPARISION:
Aq5n4yn.png

(Old)
RURvqgi.png

(New)

Last edited:
Just a little tip for you: be sure not to post images of literally everything. I've been through this already. Just figured I'd tell you before it happens.
"Yoshi's various levels designs" I tought you remember this thread!
If i were spamming i wouldn't put them into a spoiler box, moderators and admins fix that, not you.

Crimson chamber final updates

Like MEGACRAWLA, it's getting some last changes!
It will be final version, which means, none textures, nor skybox will be changed. (I CAN'T PROMISE ANYTHING, BUT ANY CHANGE THERE, WON'T BE POSTED ANYMORE OR WILL BE JUST A LITTLE CHANGE)
Anyway, let me show that big update!
r9WyAgx.png

2KIDIe4.png

gzOjC6K.png

cvVnJSg.png

VjV7LsO.png

Y2tC7dc.png

YM0W2P0.png

ojDORMG.png
Changes:
-CHANGED SKYBOX (AGAIN)
-ADDED A LOT MORE EXPLORATION SPOTS
-ADDED A LOT MORE SLOPES
-ADDED A LOT MORE TEXTURES
-MORE PROGRESS
-MINOR TEXTURE FIXES
-CHANGED ROBOTS PLACEMENT
-MORE DECORATIONS
The level looks simple
WHAT ABOUT NOW??

Last edited:
WHAT ABOUT NOW??

Well, it looks better than before but some places have some weird textures such... Purple jungle wall textures? unless that's intentional which isn't the best combination.

Slopes coming out of the 'water' in the 2nd to last image seem weird too. They feel like you just put those slopes there just for the sake of slopes... Maybe remove them or smoothen the slope to make them look nicer.

Other than that, a nice improvement and it does feel less empty

Well, it looks better than before but some places have some weird textures such... Purple jungle wall textures? unless that's intentional which isn't the best combination.

Slopes coming out of the 'water' in the 2nd to last image seem weird too. They feel like you just put those slopes there just for the sake of slopes... Maybe remove them or smoothen the slope to make them look nicer.

Other than that, a nice improvement and it does feel less empty
I did a re-placement texture instead of jungle wall, i just didn't posted because it's a little change, maybe i'll just update images (i agree it were shitty)
About slopes... No, it's just the angle of the image, the front is a slope and back is a plataform (also, any bug here, tell me, this part is new) I also tried to make another slope there but, it's in a diagonal angle, so it's hard to change something

BONUS: MAGNUS IS "GIANT" IN LATIN

Last edited:
Next maps voting

I've not finished CCZ yet but, i already have ideas about what to do next!

VOTE:

- Primordial Seaside Zone (MUSIC: NONE)
ALTERNATE: Sacred Ocean Zone
- Crawla Plant Zone (MUSIC: CARNIVAL NIGHT)
ALTERNATE: none
- Quad Square Zone (MUSIC: CRASH MAN STAGE)
ALTERNATE: none
- Doomed Dungeon Zone (MUSIC: NONE)
ALTERNATE: Monochrome Chaos Zone

It's ok, just names and musics at the momment, i'll make a WIP of them all soon!
Then, i'll post screenshots to vote.

Last edited:
Crimson chamber minor updates

Well.... ya' know, updates, sorry :p
I'm pretty much excited about my first SP map, it's getting well developed!
I tried to make slopes more smoother like MK suggested and there's more progress and fixes:
giphy.gif

OoF1ihp.png

jPwjLyC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back