What's next, Sonic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
So, we've had sequels to Riders, Rush, and Rivals, and Sonic has turned into a werewolf and flailed a sword for some number of hours. Winter Olympics is coming up, and that's all we really know about Sonic's future for the moment.

What do you think is going to happen to Sonic afterward? The storybook series isn't over yet, and goodness only knows if they'll try and come up with yet another gimmick to advertise Sonic's name. So where's this train headed?

State your thoughts here.

Sonic and the Egg on the wall, for all we know. Or maybe Sonic and the Blackbirds that pecked off his nose? Snow White and the Seven Hedgehogs? Frankenstein's Hedgehog? WAIT! Sonic and Tails went up the hill!

Sonic & Shadow in the Generic Shoot-em-up with additional Gay Sequences for the fanfic writers!

BlueZero4 said:
"This next game is going to take Sonic back to his roots! We swear!"

Gardening with Sonic the Hedgehog?

Honestly, I really have no idea where SEGA are going next, but I highly doubt they will ever be able to hit his roots again.

*Hedgehog Ball Z?

*Soinc: The odyssey adventures?

*Sonic's Ark?

*Shadow the Ripper?

*Knuckles's Detention center tycoon?

*Mythbusters The Video game: Featuring Team Chaotic?

*Amy and the city: Life-like simulator with Anthromorphic animals?

wait.....half of these sound like TV programs...0_o

Quite clearly the best way to take Sonic back to the roots is to take his world back into 1939.

Sonic The Hedgehog: Mobius At War.

If not, a Mortal Kombat Vs. Sega crossover would be quite cool.

Blue Warrior said:
So where's this train headed?

300px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Do we even have to ask?

Mystic said:
Blue Warrior said:

Do we even have to ask?

Let's hear it for the benefit of the doubt, huh?

Anyway, I for one wouldn't be surprised if they released an iPhone/iPod Touch game. Generic shooter wouldn't be hard to believe at this point, either.

Didn't they already make a game with a gun? I doubt they'll go with a generic shooter again. Surely they're not going to repeat the same bad gimmick, they're just going to keep coming up with horrible ideas infinitely.

Next up? Sonic's Internet Adventure. Help Sonic create drama on web forums across the planet, and defend SEGA against the accusations of common sense! Coming holiday 2009!

I honestly think you're being overly pessimistic, while it's true that Sonic games recently have been one bad gimmick after another, look at what they've been doing RIGHT. Heroes' Team Dark levels were full of little shortcuts accessible through one-shot bits only skilled players could get to, a classic example of good level design. (Which admittedly would've been alot better if Team Dark was ever given any motivation to clear levels QUICKLY, but still.) Meanwhile the "Get to the Goal" missions in Shadow the Hedgehog basically allowed the player to take plenty of alternate routes, and proved unexpectedly nonlinear. And now Unleashed has gone and pulled off this "On-Rails level design" thing ALOT better than expected, with alternate routes, shortcuts, and all that stuff we're always saying makes good level design. Though all those games had shitty gimmicks that arguably ruined them, they all had really good levels to compensate. I'd say if Sonic Team would just realize that the gimmicks are more annoying than anything else, we could end up with a really good game.

(Note I say arguably because I refuse to believe that gunplay alone ruined ShTH, its biggest problem was people refusing to even give it a chance.)

Boy, you guys are all wrong. You're forgetting Half-Sonic: Source, and if you order The Blue Box, you get Counter-Hog: Source, Egg Fortress 2 and many other Sonic: Source games.

But seriously, every game should follow Capcom's example with MegaMan 9. Seriously, I'm not joking this time.

Shane said:
But seriously, every game should follow Capcom's example with MegaMan 9. Seriously, I'm not joking this time.

qft

I think people would stop making a fuss about future Sonic games if we just had another classic recently, even if it was more NSMB than MM9.

Mystic said:
Blue Warrior said:

Do we even have to ask?
I laughed so hard when I saw that. XD
Sonic Team has shown us that they can make fun and interesting levels in Sonic Unleashed, (In both versions) it's just what they do to everything else that ruins the game as a whole.
Seriously, SatBK's game play was a direct insult to everything I love about Sonic, and its embarrassingly simplistic and cheap combat system only makes it worse. If you're going to make an combat-only Sonic game, at least do it right. *Points to SU's Night stages*
As long as they continue making these laughable attempts at introducing the blue blur to different genres, the above quote will stand as a literal example of the series, a train wreck. Although if they want to, for example, make a FPS based around Omega, then maybe it will be different.
Otherwise, though, I think it's time to dust off the ol' Dreamcast/Megadrive/Mega CD/GBA/Gamecube and just wait until the eggheads at Sonic Team finally get it right. :P We just want Sonic, not of any of this Werehog or Storybook crap.

Honestly Looking from Cues Logic from the Story book series, I BET That their going to do SOMETHING with beauty and the beast, I mean With the werehog and all, Its bound to happen.

Alright, I´ve had enough of this pointless ¨since the latest Sonic games have been so bad¨ thing, have you even started to think wich Sonic games have you been talking about?

Sonic Advance: OK
Sonic Advance 2:OK
Sonic Advance 3:Good
Sonic Riders:OK
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity:Good
Shadow the Hedgehog:Bad
Sonic and the Secret Rings:Good
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006):Bad
Sonic Rush:Good
Sonic Rush Adventure: Good

From what I can see here taking not my opinion but most of people, almost of the upper games that were made after Sonic Heroes and before Sonic Unleashed, most of them are good games, not bad.

Wait, what's so bad about the current Sonic games? The only Sonic games that disappointed me is Sonic Rush Adventure and Sonic Unleashed. The other 3D Sonic games, like Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and both Sonic Adventure games were masterful.

luminous said:
like Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and both Sonic Adventure were masterful

Sonic Hero's cons: Not much replay value (as in the same levels but boring areas..unless your getting the chaos emeralds which help sort of) and the plot didn't help.

Shadow The hedgehog cons: The ultimate lifeform using arsenals, horrible multiplayer, Dreamcast graphics=fail, gamplay was a mess (glitches & bugs gallore. Also jumps were short and speed was slow)

And the AI was just completely idiotic. If your on the ally side, shouldn't they be on your side?? Same with the black arms.

Edit: I can't really agree with you on the masterful part on these two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back