Fixed Tossed Weapon rings at slopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK.exe

The one and only!
Kart Krew™️
I don't know if this is a Bug or just intended but when a ring is tossed at a slope it seems to ignore collision and slides up/down the Slope,

This seems to occur at certain angles

srb20062.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there is stuff here that dates back to ZDoom...

I'm not sure where these slopes were implemented from, but "slopes" are really not actual floors internally but extra geometry to make it look like a floor is there... A sector still exists there and its still flat. That may be why the rings are grinding along this surface. The slope's effect passes its own physics to them because it inherently doesn't have any like normal sector floors.

Last edited:
I think it more likely that the x/y momentum code simply doesn't account for objects with MF_MISSILE hitting sloped sectors yet. After all, up until slopes were introduced you really only could hit a floor or ceiling vertically. =V

I think it more likely that the x/y momentum code simply doesn't account for objects with MF_MISSILE hitting sloped sectors yet. After all, up until slopes were introduced you really only could hit a floor or ceiling vertically. =V

I can say bounce rings work like the should do, by bouncing off slopes and not grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back