On "Don't download it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
The year was Over 9000 BC. Young Fred Flintstone was making a rock carving, when his friend Barney notifies him of a mistake he made. Fred fixes it, and now it's the awesome Mt. Rushmore you see today. This gave birth to what we now know today as constructive criticism.

Now, that story made no sense. But my point is, criticism is good.

"Don't download if you don't like it." ...Meh, if you don't download it, how do you know you like or you don't like it? It's just a silly comment :\

I was showing how some people might look at it, Dark.

Nev3r, you don't need to download stuff not to like it - just the screenshots could turn you off. But that's not to say not to download it. What I do is that I have a look at it on the SRB2DoomBuilder, and see what would be in store if I went and played it.

ah2190 said:
I was showing how some people might look at it, Dark.

I believe I have explained that if they don't understand what criticism is, as opposed to taunting/flaming/insulting/etc, they need to go back to elementary school. The difference is obvious. If they don't like criticism, as I've said, that's just too damn bad.

For some noobs, maybe just opening SOCEdit is hours of work? I can't say too much though...i have no clue how to do all that, and when i ask, people get all mad at me....
(sad sigh)

You can do just a little change on a soc, and make that look cool... but if you wanna do something complicated, you have to blow your head up ;D

There's no way you could've started it. This topic was posted May 28, while your join date is July 27.

I'd seriously like to see the topics where you are drawing these examples from. Despite some of the exceptional n00bishness I've seen in Releases/Editing topics, I have not yet seen something come even close to what you just said.

Also, your example of criticism is difficult to read, and too vague. Criticism that is too vague is utterly useless.

Address what parts of the level need to be bigger, and what parts of the level need more rings. That would make what you stated an example of decent criticism.

hypershadow96 said:
Almost EVERY place i go there is something like
LoLOLO omg this wad sux mine is way better :P
I HATE THAT KIND OF CRITZIEM
Truthfully, if I made a wad that does exactly the same thing as yours but better, and mine came first, I'm not going to play yours.

Jazz said:
I'd seriously like to see the topics where you are drawing these examples from.

Editing/Editing releases sections.
On the old pages. All those locked topics. There.

edit: seriously... I checked.

Of course publish a wad and saying "Don't download it if you don't want" is useless.(Except the admin comment that you mustn't say it...)

I think the first post is about the most intelligent thing I've ever heard. In things such as art and programming, or in this case, wadding, is something that, if bad, needs constructive criticism. That's how people improve at things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back