View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011   #30
Katmint

Multiplayer votes first:

Match

Ponies Suck Zone by Fawfulfan - 2/10

The layout, except the central room, all looks like the same thing, so it's very hard to memorize where the weapon panels are, or even find them. I found it just bland in general, and there seems to be a shortage of rings.

Flux Satellite Zone by 742mph - 1/10

Well, this was more fun than it looked from the preview picture, but it has a ton of flaws. First off, getting hit near the edge of the map gets you stuck going up and down in your hurt frames and unable to do anything until the space countdown kills you. The rings have very awkward placement and are hard to grab, look like they are inside the floor, and there's not nearly enough of them. The weapon panels are very hard to find, and even harder to memorize their locations because the map is symmetrical. Lastly, the space countdown is inconsistent, at one point I can stand outside the space station just fine and then next sector there is suddenly no air.

Southern Sands Zone by akb778 - 2/10

Pretty empty and bland, and everything in the map in some shade of yellow or brown. I know it's a desert, but there's plenty of non-yellow and brown things you could add in, just look at ACZ. :P But regardless of how it looks, the underground section is a huge flaw, it's very cramped, so much that the camera often gets stuck above ground and you can't see what's going on. Someone hit a teleport monitor and I wound up down there, and never found the exit before the time ran out.

Frozen Tundra Zone by Chaos Zero 64 - 3/10

Someone likes the rail ring a lot. There's two rail ring panels and a ton of ammo for it. I easily maxed out the rail ammo just running back and forth between the two panel locations. The map itself is way too vertical and doesn't seem to be wide enough. I also wasn't expecting the non-icy floors to slow you down, it doesn't really look like it would, I would expect thick snow to do it, but the slow down floors just look like normal frost floors.

CTF

Majestic Grove Zone by Scizor300 - 8/10

This was pretty fun, only two complaints. First one is that the big wooden thingy with the river in it at the center of the map needs an alternate path around if for flag carriers. I got intercepted there every time I was carrying the flag except the one time I was able to bypass it with a Whirlwind Shield. Second complaint is that the bases are too big, if you run out of rings in the other team's base you have to run two miles to get some rings. Also, one more thing, a giant unidentified flying HOM appears every now and then and is very distracting. >_<

Mystical Heights Zone by Metal Fighter - 3/10

I like the way you used the colormap, and it looks pretty. But there's not much room to move around, all the trees and such make it too cramped. It just feels like there's a ton of wasted space here the could be better used by something other than a deathpit. There's also a huge amount of frame lag, enough to where it hurts the gameplay a lot.

Frozen Pass Zone by Kuba11 - 4/10

The path between the bases is okay but nothing unique, there are a lot of spots that are way too cramped though, mostly around and in the bases.

Sylvan Shrines Zone by Spherallic - 6/10

Pretty fun, the balance of horizantal and vertical was done right. I love all the different paths, but there's a big problem in that Sonic only has one route into the flag room, which makes it very easy for someone (me) to jump out from behind the rock and blow the would-be flag grabber across the map with a scatter ring. There's some frame lag, it's not gameplay-breaking but it's still enough to knock a point off your score. :(

Circuit

Croissant Mountain Zone by D00D64 - 6/10

First time playing this, someone hit a teleport right away and I was totally and completely lost. That's not really your fault though, teleports going off ruin every race map ever. Second time playing this, teleports were disabled and it was a lot better, and actually fun. The star post activators could use much bigger sectors, it's very easy to miss them until you memorize the map. Good thing it's very easy to memorize the map after just one lap. :P

Frozen Hall Zone by Metal Fighter - 4/10

First time playing this, someone hit a teleport right away and I was totally and completely lost. That's not really your fault though, teleports going off ruin every race map ever. Second time playing this, teleports were disabled and it was a lot better, but I still managed to get lost for two more laps before finally figuring out which way to go. The culprit of all my getting lost is that one water spring thingy, which sends you up through a window and then you jump out, falling into a cheap death pit if it's your first time doing the jump, and land on a platform and go the wrong way if it's your second time doing the jump. I also don't like how some of the water hurts you and some of it doesn't, with no visual difference between them. I like the shortcuts you added for Tails and Knuckles. :P

Last edited by Katmint; 07-01-2011 at 08:11 PM.